Forum Discussion

DueWest
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Cannot Delete duplicated Purchase Order

Hi,

I inadvertently created two purchase orders for the one inventory item and turned them into bills. One bill has been paid but not the first one created.

The item cost is 70.07 and the Item Register display of the item shows;

Date Source Qty Amount On Hand Current Value

PJ         1       70.07         1          70.07

PJ         1       70.07         2         140.14 - so far so good...

SJ        -1      -$82.44      1          57.70  - WTF! Where does this number come from?

PJ         1         65.28       2         122.98 - yes, there was a cost reduction

SJ         -1       -65.28       1          57.70

The Transaction Recap for the first SJ where the weird value appears, shows it correctly took 70.07 from Inventory (a 1- account) and offset that against Cost of Sales (a 5- account). So why is that item showing as 57.70 value on hand?

When I try to delete the first (unpaid) Purchase order, I get an error saying "Deletion of this sale of item (number) would value your inventory at less than $0.00" - well yes, because the PO has 70.07 value and the SOH has 57.70 value...

If I try to add an inventory line to the PO of Qty -1 value 57.70 and save the PO, I end up with Zero stock at Zero value, but the PO has a value of 12.37. If I try deleting the PO now, I get the same error as above!

How can I delete this PO without stuffing up my stock or GL?

Can I make a misc PO credit (not a stock item) and apply that to the PO to "cancel" it? But will that stuff up my GL?

This is all very frustrating and I'm hoping someone has a simple solution for me :-)

Cheers,

Philip

• Hi DueWest 

Yes, I meant deleting the latest transaction first and then the other ones. If it doesn't work, your file may require further analysis and so we can arrange for that to occur, send us your serial number by Private Message. 

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi DueWest 

So we can investigate this further, can you please attach a screenshot of the Item Register Window and Item Register report ( both future-dated) for this item? Generally, if you delete the latest transaction first and then delete the transactions dated earlier, you should be able to delete all the transactions and re-record them. But if you're still getting this error, please attach the above screenshots and we can then advise accordingly. You're also welcome to send these by Private Message if they contain sensitive information. 

DueWest
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Komal_S,

I've attached the grabs as requested.

As you can see, I am left with the top PO having a value of $12.37 and therefore cannot delete it.

Were you suggesting that I delete the sale (101589), then try to modify the highlighted PO (11673) back to the one item at the original price, save it and then try to delete that PO?

Cheers,

Philip

Komal_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi DueWest 

Yes, I meant deleting the latest transaction first and then the other ones. If it doesn't work, your file may require further analysis and so we can arrange for that to occur, send us your serial number by Private Message.