Forum Discussion

FionaMiriam
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Cannot apply credits to sales invoice

Since the latest upgrade we have had issues with apply credits to customer's invoices. 

Have tried:

- Receive payments - get an error message " Unable to automatically apply the credit memo(s) to the open invoice(s). Please use the Sales Register to settle your outstanding credit memo(s).

- From Returns & Credits - Apply to Sale - Open invoice does not appear.

We do not have/use Categories.

How can this be fixed?

Thanks

• Hi FionaMiriam 

As far as I know, there are three reasons why a customer's open invoices would not appear in the Settle Returns & Credits window:

• There are no open invoices for that customer
    • You have two customer cards with similar names
    • There is a different category on the credit versus the open invoice -- this is the most common reason when we do get asked this question.

My recommendation would be to just check that customer A) has those open invoices B) is correct on the invoice and credit note, and C) there is 100% no category on the transactions (bottom left of the window).

If those values listed above are still correct getting a screenshot of the Enter Sales window with the Invoice and credit note along with one of the Settle Returns and Credits window would be ideal for further investigation.

EDIT: I just thought of another reason -- if multi-currency is being used then the transactions must be in the same currency

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi FionaMiriam 

As far as I know, there are three reasons why a customer's open invoices would not appear in the Settle Returns & Credits window:

• There are no open invoices for that customer
    • You have two customer cards with similar names
    • There is a different category on the credit versus the open invoice -- this is the most common reason when we do get asked this question.

My recommendation would be to just check that customer A) has those open invoices B) is correct on the invoice and credit note, and C) there is 100% no category on the transactions (bottom left of the window).

If those values listed above are still correct getting a screenshot of the Enter Sales window with the Invoice and credit note along with one of the Settle Returns and Credits window would be ideal for further investigation.

EDIT: I just thought of another reason -- if multi-currency is being used then the transactions must be in the same currency

FionaMiriam
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you Steven it was a category issue. 

I've fixed it now.