Forum Discussion

MyAccountsHat
Experienced Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Changing a card after a transaction has been reconciled.

Hi 

Is it possible to change the card for a transaction that has already been reconciled without it affecting the reconciliation?  

We have a supplier who switched from employee to consultant at the beginning of the 19-20 financial year. I set up a supplier card for his business, however one of his payments was posted to his old employee record in error.  This wouldn't be too much of a problem because the payment is coded to the correct account (consultants) but it's a reportable payment and so is not included in the reportable payments report., so obviously I need to alter the card and would rather not have to go back and reallocate everything since November.  I know you can alter the GST without affecting the reconciliation but I'm not sure about this. 

Thanks 

Sally 

• Hi MyAccountsHat 

If you needed to change the card on a transaction, such as from one supplier to another or from an employee to a supplier, you will need to delete the transaction and reprocess it with the correct card selected. This is because once a transaction has been recorded it is assigned to that card and cannot be changed.

Unfortunately deleting and reentering a previously reconciled transaction will cause the transaction to be unreconciled. As a result of this you will need to undo the bank reconciliations back to this reconciliation, correct this now incorrect reconciliation and then rereconcile all of the undone reconciliations.   

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Neil_M
    Former Staff

Hi MyAccountsHat 

If you needed to change the card on a transaction, such as from one supplier to another or from an employee to a supplier, you will need to delete the transaction and reprocess it with the correct card selected. This is because once a transaction has been recorded it is assigned to that card and cannot be changed.

Unfortunately deleting and reentering a previously reconciled transaction will cause the transaction to be unreconciled. As a result of this you will need to undo the bank reconciliations back to this reconciliation, correct this now incorrect reconciliation and then rereconcile all of the undone reconciliations.