Customer % discount for early payment (AccountRight) does not work!

HammerHire1
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Customer % discount for early payment (AccountRight) does not work!

Hi, 

I am wanting to give a customer % discount for early payments in AccountRight. I have placed a discount in the card file and then also tried it against a particular invoice and it still doesnt work. Can you please help me.

Also can you explain exactly what it means in the card file when it says (Discount days)

Your urgent attention would be much appreciated

Capture against particular invoice.PNG
Capture on card file.PNG
Capture payment allocation.PNG
6 REPLIES 6
Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,908Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Re: Customer % discount for early payment (AccountRight) does not work!

Hi @HammerHire1

Thanks for reaching out and my apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I see you're looking for some guidance on setting up your discount days. Typically, these fields are left blank as they're often used for Prepaid and COD terms. However, I understand that every business has unique needs.

To get a better understanding of how the program handles credit terms, I'd suggest checking out our 'Credit Terms' article. It's a great resource and might provide the insight you're looking for.

If you still have questions after reading the article, feel free to share more details about your desired outcome and how your invoice terms are set. We're here to help you get this sorted.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
Genreve

HammerHire1
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Genreve, 

I have viewed your credit terms and i have followed exactly to what it says however it is still not working. The only time it works is when you amend a particular invoice and add discount through the Term's button within the invoice.

I want to apply it to entire account and its not letting me.

Can i speak to someone over the phone to help me. Could this be an API issue as our invoices are fed into MYOB from another system.

Please advise

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,171 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,171Posts

118Kudos

490Solutions

Hi @HammerHire1,

Thank you for your post and patience in waiting for a response.

I noticed that you'd raised a similar question back in February, and I've responded to it. Could you take a moment to revisit this post: https://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Sales-and-Purchases/Customer-discounts/td-p/859095? I'm curious to know if you're still having trouble with customer discounts. If that's the case, could you share a screenshot of the credit terms applied to the customer card, the discount applied to invoices, and the settings of the linked account? 

Please feel free to post if you require further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess

HammerHire1
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, 

Thank you for replying back to me.

I have read my previous post and i still didn't get the answer i was looking for:

1. I have tried adding discount through Customer card file, didn't work. (Attached 2 screen shots. 1 showing the amendment to the customer card and 2 showing you when taking a payment how discount doesn't appear)

2. I have put the discount on individual invoice (this worked however i want to apply it to the customer card. I dont want to have to put it on each invoice, this is very time consuming when we invoice each customer multiple invoices weekly from  a different system that then feeds into MYOB) 

Capture2.PNG
Capture1.PNG
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,171 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,171Posts

118Kudos

490Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @HammerHire1,

Thanks for your response.

Upon further review and replication on my end, I've observed that the discounts aren't appearing or being applied to invoices due to the set discount days being 60. It's important to rectify this, as setting the discount days to 60 isn't feasible if your due days are only 30. I recommend adjusting the discount days and creating a dummy invoice for that customer. This should enable you to apply for or view the discount. Please be aware that this adjustment will only be reflected in newly created invoices.

Please feel free to reach out if you require further assistance. 

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

HammerHire1
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi, 

Thank you for your email, 

This now works however it wasn't the fact that i had pushed the discount days to 60 (even though this also effected it) but when you said it is only applied on invoices processed after the discount is applied, this is where my testing wasn't working.

Thank you for your help, it works now.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post