Forum Discussion

Scott_Generus
Experienced User
3 years ago
Solved

Description for Purchase journals

I would love to know why the JNL memo field is the description that ends up in the GL detail as opposed to the description line in the purchase invoice.  Rason is when you ahve more than 1 line and potential more than one description, it becomes useless.  Has it not been raised to either create a toggle between show description line and show Jnl memo field.  As its hard to use the GL detail report to check coing when all the descriptions arent present.  Even if you add Description field to the report (custom) it comes up blank.   

• Hi Scott_Generus 

For displaying the description from invoices in the GL detail report, please show the Allocation Memo field from Show/Hide filters

Let me know if you have any questions on this. 

11 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Scott_Generus 

For displaying the description from invoices in the GL detail report, please show the Allocation Memo field from Show/Hide filters

Let me know if you have any questions on this. 

Scott_Generus
      Experienced User

Thanks - is that also a field that could be mapped in the API?  We are lookin at an automated AP solution and wondered if we could integrate the description lines of a purchase invoice to MYOB in the same way?    

Not asking it very well, but if we have three lines on a puchase invoice, with three different GL codes, could the descriptions you mentioned above (aloocation Memo field) be linked to via the API? 

Ta Scott

Komal_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Scott_Generus 

I would recommend the developer of the third-party solution to post this on our API board as the moderators on that board can better address this query. 

Scott_Generus
      Experienced User

HI Komal_S 

Has this feature changed at all in a recent release.  Some of our GL codes don't seem to disply any data? eg. the GST on payables code. When you add Allocation Memo to the GL details view the field is blank??

Cheers,

Scott

Komal_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Scott_Generus 

As far as I'm aware, we have not made any changes specific to that field. Can you please confirm how many account codes are impacted and not displaying data in the Allocation Memo field? If possible, please attach a screenshot of the report and also the transaction where the Allocation memo is entered.