Forum Discussion

SueSSA
Experienced User
4 years ago
Solved

Exporting Reports to Excel

We frequently export reports to Excel, in the past this has been a terrific feature.

However this month since upgrading to 2020.3 our reports are HUGE in size, we can not email the reports they are that big.

Is this a known issue? what has changed?

• Hi SueSSA , none of the report templates that AccountRight uses are above 100k, so I suspect the issue may occur in your process.

Can you run a test - prepare the set of reports as you do, but save the file under a different name at the very beginning, and between each new report added. Then have a look at the file sizes, and see if there is any one report that causes a large increase. 

Then repeat the process, but this time only copy the area of data from each report, not the whole thing. Again check the file sizes.

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi SueSSA 

Can you please confirm if the issue is with both emailing and exporting the reports to Excel? If yes, what kind of errors do you normally experience? 

If the reports are timing out , you can try the timeout extender. However, if it's something else or doesn't get resolved with time out extender, please attach the exact error message or log so we can investigate further.

SueSSA
      Experienced User

I export the reports to Excel and then send the spreadsheet on via email.  This month they are 200x the size they normally are and I can not email as they are way to big.

Komal_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi SueSSA 

Generally, it could be due to the amount of transactions that have been retrieved in the report. You can try compressing the Excel spreadsheet and then emailing it as that would considerably reduce the file size. The only other alternative would be shortening the date range and creating a report that has less number of transactions and then emailing them out individually. 

That being said, we're currently investigating if the issue is related to recent update and will post an update on this thread if it is.