Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Invoice Numbers Format seems to Automatically Change

Hello All,

I trust that you are well and ready for the weekend.

New to MYOB but I noticed that the format for the invoice number is not consistent.

Our usual invoice starts with INVXXXX but I am seeing, for the same account, some with just INXXXX then nothing but numbers 0000XXXX and then just XXXX.

My accounts lady swears blind that she is not tampering with the format.

Is there a logical answer to this or is there a way to track any changes and who made them?

Cheers,

Dave.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    The_Doc
    Ultimate Partner

Hi David1961 

Yes your accounts lady is absolutely right - the culprit is MYOB - they fixed something but broke something far more important.

Read my numerous posts on this very issue - I have just finised a post 5 minutes ago this very subject.

MYOB - fixed the autonumbering sequence to sequence alphanumerics invoice numbers - and the fix broke it.

Just sloppy programming by MYOB that will now take an eternity to fix!!

The Doc

• Hi David1961 

AccountRight 2021 versions have been designed to use the next number in the invoice sequence. We identified a situation that third-party applications and alpha-number sequences didn't follow this pattern. This is something that we have updated with the release of AccountRight 2021.7 so that those invoice numbers would follow that same principle.

Please let me know if you need further help with this.