Forum Discussion

sandedede
Experienced Cover User
11 months ago

Invoice - Security Data Breach

There seems to be a hole in the matrix system.  On Tuesday I entered a sale in my myob account right and emailed it to myself, so I could check it before sending it to my customer.

OMG, I was shocked to discover someone elses company sales information on my tax invoice.  It was my tax invoice form, but the details in the invocie were for a company in Australia and what they were charging one of their customers.

How safe is our information.  Did that company receive my sales information on their invoice?

Has this happened to anyone else?

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi sandedede 

This has definitely happened before - and reported numerous times here on the forum - see MYOB's response here. In other posts, the moderator simply say, 'send us a private message with the details and we will investigate' - with no further updates or explanations - other users are left in the dark about how secure their confidential data is.

Quite unacceptable I think.

Regards

Gavin

Ih8MYOB
      Contributing User

Get a lawyer or better yet report them to the Privacy Commissioner.

MYOB deserve a class action for this junk.

• Hi sandedede 

I'm sorry to hear that you had this experience. I recommend that you contact us directly as soon as you are aware of this unusual invoices. So that we can investigate it thoroughly.

You could also send me a Private message with the following information so I can take a look and check further.

• Serial number
    • screenshot of the original copy of the invoice sent
    • screenshot of the invoice that you received
    • screenshot of the transaction from within your AccountRight
    • Your email associated with your files and email address you send it to

Cheers,

Princess

• Hi  Ih8MYOB

Thank you for giving your thoughts on the matter. 

Generally, we collect data from customers that experience this to make sure that there are no major security threats or data breaches. Also, the team is constantly collecting this data to optimize the system to lessen these incorrect emails. 

We do appreciate your patience and we'll provide any needed assistance. 

Cheers, 

Genreve

Celia_B
      MYOB Moderator

Hi contourlawn 

Thank you so much for your post. And I am sorry to hear about your experience and I realize how upsetting the issue is for you.

In general, we gather information from customers who encounter this to make sure that there are no significant security risk or data breaches. Additionally, the team is always gathering this information to improve the system and reduce the number of wrong emails. 

Your patience is very much appreciated

Thanks, 

Cel

contourlawn
        Experienced Cover User

That's fixed nothing. You responded faster to my forum post than my email, which still hasn't got a response. You haven't offered any solution or fix. 
        Do I try to delete the invoice I wrote and stop sending that invoice number to client and write a new one? or are you going to fix the link?

I had a client who had a similar thing happen about about 2 years ago, his particular job wound not stand for a breach like this and was very concerned he had to open a link between his computer and you and I can now see why. 
        you are very lucky it didn't happen this client because he would talking to lawyers by now. 
        so are you going to respond to my email through my account and offer a proper solution because this response is less than helpful and feels patronising. 

contourlawn
    Experienced Cover User

This happened to

me too about a month ago I first sent the email but client only told me today when I queried why invoice not paid. I submitted a query but no response. They don't take security very seriously. I tried ringing but was on hold for over an hour and had to leave. It's very worrying.