Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Invoices & Payments being entered twice when recording invoice

When inputting a new Sale, quite frequently it will either save the transaction twice, using sequenced invoice numbers or, if there's a payment amount entered, it will record 2 payments for the sale amount, leaving that invoice in credit.

When the sale is for an item that has only 1 unit on hand, it will pop up an alert saying that there is not enough stock, but if you cancel the invoice, which it will then prompt you that you haven't recorded it,  you can see the invoice saved already.

This has been going on for a few weeks and is becoming increasingly frustrating.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Yanike_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi fratelliEng 

Thanks for your post. I am not aware of any issues that would cause the software to record duplicate invoices. To investigate what is causing this, could you upload the Journal Security report in the Accounts tab>>Security and Audit. Filter the Session dates as to the day it happened and the Transaction dates as the date of the sales you were entering. Can you also send me screenshots of the actual Enter Sale transactions and Find Transactions window?

Something else to check is if the transactions are recurring transactions that are being recorded automatically. If it's not recurring transactions I will need those screenshots in order to investigate this further.

fratelliEng
      User

Hi Yanike,

I've attached the relevant section of the Journal Security Report.

This was a sale I entered today, which prompted the "Backorder List" pop-up as there was not enough stock to sell for the duplicated sale.

Also attached is a screenshot of the sale that was saved in the background, as well as the sales window that was left open after closing the "Backorder List" pop-up. Saved and un-saved are distinguishable by the ability to edit the "Customer" field.

These transactions are not recurring.

Yanike_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi fratelliEng 

Thanks for your screenshots. Could you clarify where you see the double recorded invoice? I can only see invoice 34883 in your screenshots.

Could you clear the AccountRight cache and see if this still occurs?