ItemActivity_Delete_NonZeroAmount Error - not letting me delete an item created in error and NEVER used

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
karen-bomac
Experienced User
24 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

24Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

ItemActivity_Delete_NonZeroAmount Error - not letting me delete an item created in error and NEVER used

On one hand I am looking for some sort of workaround for this. An item was created incorrectly, then marked inactive. When I attempt to delete it (which I do with inactive items from time to time) I get the error message above. Does anyone know a workaround for this? This item would not have been used in any journal entries. I have come across that error and the wording is different.

Secondly, MYOB please please please make the specific error messages searchable on the help pages. When I type in YOUR error message word for word and get NO search results, it is beyond frustrating. If you created the error message, tell us how to fix the error!!!!

myob-error.png
3 REPLIES 3
Sean_DC
MYOB Moderator
702 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

702Posts

44Kudos

48Solutions

Re: ItemActivity_Delete_NonZeroAmount Error - not letting me delete an item created in error and ...

Hello @karen-bomac 

Thank you for your post. 

This error will show if an item has been used on one or more transactions in AccountRight. In this case, you can only mark it as inactive or deactivate an item so it no longer appears in selection lists. This also lets you reactivate an item later if needed. 

You can only delete an item if:

• you have zero units in stock, and
  • the item has never been used in a transaction

I appreciate you expressing your concerns about the error message. We will make sure to pass this on to the relevant team. Thank you for your patience and understanding on this matter. Please let me know if you need further assistance on this, and I'll be glad to help.

Please let me know if you have further enquiries and I'll be happy to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Cheers,
Sean
Also known @Sean_DC

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

karen-bomac
Experienced User
24 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

24Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Re: ItemActivity_Delete_NonZeroAmount Error - not letting me delete an item created in error and ...

Hi Shaun

I understand the conditions that you mention. I have deactivated items that I was unable to delete because they had been used in transactions or had a zero amount. Those error have their own specific error message that pops up.

The one referenced in my original query is different and I want to know how to work around it. The item was created in error and therefore has never been used, transacted and stock as well as value have never been anything other than zero. There is no history whatsoever.

Generally when these conditions are met, I am able to simply delete the item rather than deactivate it. 

This is a different error and I don't understand what is causing it.

Thank you

Karen

Thank you

Karen

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,410 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,410Posts

116Kudos

274Solutions

Hi @karen-bomac 

Thanks reaching out. Just want to follow up if you're still having this issue? If so, I would recommend visiting this post that has the same issue that you're having.

Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post