Forum Discussion

aprilmar
Contributing User
4 years ago
Solved

Missing Electronic Payment

Hi there,

I am currently doing a bank reconciliation and I found that the electronic payment we made for the bank to process our payment to suppliers was not reflected in MYOB but amount is reflected in the bank statement. I am sure that it was recorded in the correct account and on correct date and have processed the electronic payment as well. However, I could not find the electronic payment at all (there is no corresponding EP transactions for the supplier payment in electronic clearing account).

Can anyone advise if what has gone wrong and what needs to be done?

Thank you.

• Hi aprilmar 

Sometimes, this happens as the electronic payments are accidentally recorded in future. In order to check that, can you please go to Transaction Journal>>Disbursements, and search for the payments by changing the from date to sometime in future, eg, 2040.

This should show anything listed with EP , however, if it still does not appear, please go to Banking>>Reconcile accounts, and check if EP transaction is ticked. If yes, please untick it and try to look for it on the Bankfeeds screen as it should then appear.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi aprilmar 

Sometimes, this happens as the electronic payments are accidentally recorded in future. In order to check that, can you please go to Transaction Journal>>Disbursements, and search for the payments by changing the from date to sometime in future, eg, 2040.

This should show anything listed with EP , however, if it still does not appear, please go to Banking>>Reconcile accounts, and check if EP transaction is ticked. If yes, please untick it and try to look for it on the Bankfeeds screen as it should then appear.

aprilmar
      Contributing User

Hi, thank you for your response.

I did what you have first suggested and I have found that the Electronic Payment made was forward dated. Is there any way I can change the date to the date reflected in the Bank Statement so I can reconcile this transaction?

Thank you.

Komal_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi aprilmar 

You can delete this electronic payment transaction from Disbursements. Once that is done, all the transactions will appear back in Prepare Electronic Payments and the bank file can be created with the correct date.