Forum Discussion

Anne-marie0206
Contributing User
2 years ago

Orders are created with COD due dates instead of using what is on the supplier file

Orders are created with COD due dates instead of using what is on the supplier file. Incredibly frustrating that when converting any order into a bill, it converts with a COD due date, so I then have to change the due date manually - almost removing the convenience of ordering through myob!!

Also - side note - it looks like there is nowhere in purchase orders to change the payment due date - particularly when doing orders on the online version

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Anne-marie0206 

When you convert an order to a bill you are changing the transaction type, as such, the recorded data will stay the same. If you manually change the payment terms when recording an order that change will be retained when the order is converted to a bill.

Don't hesitate to post again if you need help in the future.

Anne-marie0206
      Contributing User

Why does it not use the terms in the supplier file?

The people doing the orders will not change the trading terms, most of the time they don't know them. I have set the trading terms on the supplier file, so it would make sense to me that any order done for a supplier should automatically get their trading terms on the order. Having every order automatically set to COD is just another thing that wastes time and creates more work..

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Anne-marie0206 

My apologies I misunderstood your post and thought you were changing the orders to COD. The default supplier terms are set in Setup>>Preferences>>Purchases>>Terms. However, the default terms are overridden by the terms selected in the supplier card. For example, I set the default terms as COD and the supplier card terms as Prepaid, when I selected that supplier in Enter Purchases>>Order the terms changed to Prepaid.

If you are seeing something different please provide screenshots of the supplier card and an order so that I can look into this for you.