Forum Discussion

JayDee
Experienced Cover User
3 years ago

PJ numbers vs PO numbers ??

in MYOB Accountright why do some entries to Purchases module come up with a PJ number rather than the PO number

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi JayDee 

Thanks for your post. PJ refers to the source of the transaction, this allows you to easily identify the transaction type. In this screenshot of the Find transactions window there are both Sales Journals (SJ) and Purchase Journals (PJ). The number in the ID No column for the PJ transactions is the purchase order number.

Only Purchase Journals are displayed in the Purchases register window, both the purchase order number and invoice number are displayed:

I hope this clarifies it for you. Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

JayDee
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Tracey,

Thanks for  a quick reply.

But after I enter a Purchase, and MYOB uses PJ instead of PO, when I look at my Purchases Register I see that the PO hasn't been assigned and a PJ number is used instead. As below

So still confusing

PO vs PJ ???

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi JayDee 

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. That figure in the PO No column is the Purchase order number entered when creating the purchase. As AccountRight uses an auto number sequence the purchase order number will follow on from the last number entered.

I would recommend opening that purchase and checking the number entered in the Purchase No field.

Please let me know how you go with that.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.