Forum Discussion

4 years ago
Solved

Received field

Greetings,

I have uploaded a Supplier invoice to In Tray via Purchases. I have selected invoice and selected Create New Bill.

After selecting supplier name, necessary fields are auto populated. Within Item Number field, I choose purchased Item, however I cannot override Received field to manually enter purchased quantity. The field is locked. From what I've read, the Received Field is read only?

If I create a new Bill and manually input supplier invoice data, unfortunately I am still unable to override Recevied field. I am unsure how I can enter in purchased quantities.

Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Regards,

Gerald

• Hi Gerald1 

The Received field on a Bill, either created via an In Tray or manually entered, is a locked field. The value typically just a direct copy of the Billed amount, which would be the amount that you are being billed for by that supplier.

The field is used to be in conjunction with the Recieve Items function. This is where you have received items from a supplier but have yet to be billed for them. See Help Article: Receiving items without a supplier bill for more information on that process.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Gerald1 

The Received field on a Bill, either created via an In Tray or manually entered, is a locked field. The value typically just a direct copy of the Billed amount, which would be the amount that you are being billed for by that supplier.

The field is used to be in conjunction with the Recieve Items function. This is where you have received items from a supplier but have yet to be billed for them. See Help Article: Receiving items without a supplier bill for more information on that process.

Gerald1
      User

Thanks for your reply and link Steven. Yes, this resolves my question.