Forum Discussion

Simonev8835
Contributing User
4 years ago
Solved

Reconciling duplicate bank file payment

A bank file for 7 supplier payments was submitted twice.   

For 3 of the supplier's the overpayment value is a recurring cost so a credit has been processed to offset the next payment due.  For the other 4 overpayments we have received 3 of refunds from 3 suppliers to our bank account.  I've set up credits for each supplier amont and the bank feed is showing and I can accept against the 3 refunds.

This will handle overpayment to 6 of the suppliers with receiving refunds and credits towards next invoices however I am not sure how to handle the 2nd ABA bank file payment in my bank feed which had been made in error.            

• Hi Simonev8835 

The way I would deal with the situation is to replicate what has happened in real-life i.e. double payment on the purchases where made and sent to the bank.

The full process I would use would be below:

1. Navigate to Purchases>>Pay Bills
    2. Select Electronic Payment
    3. Select Include Closed Purchases
    4. Process that set of supplier payments again 

What the above process will do is pay those purchases again. This will also generate those debit notes to which can be applied to the next bills for the supplier or a refund received. These debit notes can be seen and actioned via the Purchase>>Purchase Register>>Returns & Debits.

The above process will also show those transactions in the Prepare Electronic Payments window, ready for processing to the required bank account. Once processed you can then match that combined electronic payment to that of the bank transaction that has come in (similar to the original payment).

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Simonev8835 

The way I would deal with the situation is to replicate what has happened in real-life i.e. double payment on the purchases where made and sent to the bank.

The full process I would use would be below:

1. Navigate to Purchases>>Pay Bills
    2. Select Electronic Payment
    3. Select Include Closed Purchases
    4. Process that set of supplier payments again 

What the above process will do is pay those purchases again. This will also generate those debit notes to which can be applied to the next bills for the supplier or a refund received. These debit notes can be seen and actioned via the Purchase>>Purchase Register>>Returns & Debits.

The above process will also show those transactions in the Prepare Electronic Payments window, ready for processing to the required bank account. Once processed you can then match that combined electronic payment to that of the bank transaction that has come in (similar to the original payment).

Simonev8835
      Contributing User

Hi Steven_M,

That worked perfectly!!  Thank you for your prompt assistance.