Forum Discussion

Bee202
User
3 years ago

Reversed purchase in prepared electronic payments

Hi there, I had entered a purchase and set it up as an electronic payment for 3 days time. During this time the person changed the amount of the invoice so I went into the bank, deleted the payment and in MYOB reversed the payment (big mistake I know!), changed the amount and paid it. The original amount was then sitting as a credit on that invoice .

I was then told to prepare it as a electronic bank payment which I have done but its still sitting there as an "outstanding deposit" on my reconciliation report.

How do I get rid of this?

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi Bee202 

Welcome to the Community Forum. It sounds like you have a credit and a payment for the same amount due to the reversal and processing it as a bank file.

If I am understanding correctly, on your reconciliation there should be a negative and positive amount. If you tick both of those, the amounts will cancel each other out and would allow you to reconcile. 

If I am misunderstanding how its appearing on your reconciliation could you give some more information; taking a screenshot of the reconcile accounts window then attaching it in your reply or in a private message as well would be helpful (redacting any sensitive information). 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.