Forum Discussion

Edwina
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago

Statements being sent without invoice details - $0 balance

Since changing to Online AccountRight I have had several customers ring to say that the monthly statements sent have no invoice details. Their account details are on there but when they open the PDF it shows no invoices as outstanding and therefore $0 balance. 

I had been having trouble with statements not arriving to customers so for over a year have been emailing them in batches eg A - C, then wait half an hour then send D - G for example. This is far from ideal but I had thought that it fixed the error where the system just did not send them at all! Now I discover that the system can't cope with all the information so just sends a blank statement?

How is this occurring? And please don't suggest that I am sending accounts to customer with $0 balances because I only send statements with balances. The default 'Only include invoices up to Statement Date' is ticked but should I untick this??

18 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi Edwina 

Thank you for your post. It is possible that if you had a sale entered for a customer with the date entered after the statement date that it would show an amount under the balance, but when you email the statement it shows no sales as you have selected to only show invoices up to statement date.

To check if this is the case, find an example where a blank statement was sent and you can see a balance next to that customer's name, and untick the Only include invoices up to Statement Date option and have a look at the statement generated and see if it does have a sale with a date after what you put in the filters. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Edwina
      Experienced Cover User

No, unfortunately it is not my error.

This has happened multiple times with a variety of customers. And in this one example the customer had 5 invoices oustanding dating back to September 2022 but still received a $0 statement. As I said it has happened before but in the last lot of statements I had 3 customers call me about it which is worrying considering many of them would probably not bother to tell me!

This is a glitch I believe similar to others that MYOB needs to investigate. Its not very professional to send statements out that are incorrect and no fault of the user. 

SamaraM
        Former Staff

Hi Edwina 

Sorry for the delay in response. Can you also try clearing the AccountRight cache (which can resolve some odd behaviour in reports and forms).

If after trying the above, it is still occurring, could you reply with a screenshot of the invoice and the related customer card showing the balance?

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Sean_DC
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Edwina 

Thank you for your post. I suggest sending the statements in smaller batches. 70 might be a lot for the system to handle which results in an error with showing the actual details inside the statement. You can try 20 statements first or lower than 20 since when you sent it individually to yourself and it showed the results. 

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

Edwina
      Experienced Cover User

Thanks Sean,

How can I escalate this issue with MYOB please? To ask me to go into the Print/Email Statements window many dozens of times in order to send statements is a real issue for me. It wastes an incredible amount of my time as a small business owner and to be frank, your proposed solution does not exaclty instil me with confidence as I have no way of testing if the system works correctly.

Sean_DC
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Edwina 

Is this statement template a form that you had customised previously? Try to do this:

1. Setup >> Customise forms >> open the template that you usually use 

2. Right-click on the table >> Delete table

3. Insert table >> Statement table

4. Save then try to email the statement again

Let me know how you get on and if that resolved the issue. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.