Forum Discussion

2 years ago

TPAR LODGEMENT FAILED

I have tried lodging the TPAR online numerous times unsuccessfully.

It says 'The file name contains invalid characters or the file format does not match. Please change the file name and try again.'

As per previous posts, I have checked and removed or changed any symbols in the address and any gaps between digits of the phone number etc. 

The only thing left is '&' is in some of the company names.  Could that effect it?

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello CARLA84 

Welcome to the Community Forum.

Invalid characters are "[ ] ! # $ % * ; = @ <>\ _ { } ^~`" so the & symbol shouldn't be causing this. When you removed the space in between the phone numbers, did you also check that there was no space entered in at the end of the phone number or addresses, these can sometimes cause the error to pop up and are harder to notice due to being at the end of the entered information.

When you check that can you also please let me know if the error message identifies a particular line the error is happening with.

Please let me know how you go.

CARLA84
      User

Hi Chris,

Yes, I checked there were no spaces before or after phone numbers or addresses.  

The error message did not identify a particular line.

Not all of the Contractors on the report have a phone number included, could thatmissing info cause the failure?

Thanks

ChrisMYOB
        Former Staff

Hello CARLA84 

Can you please confirm the last 4 digits of your serial number as well as your company file ID, which can be found under Help > About MYOB.

We can use Notepad ++ to find non ascii characters. Available in Software Centre (just type the words Software center into the Windows Start menu):

1. Open the EMPDUPE file in notepad ++
        2. From the Search menu choose Find Characters in Range
        3. Select Non-ASCII Characters and click Find
          Notepad ++ will then display where the invalid character is.
        4. Click on the top of notepad ++ application and the cursor will flash just after the invalid character. 
        5. Repeat until all invalid characters are removed.