Forum Discussion

El999
User
2 years ago

Unable to delete Bill raised from Order and related Pay Bill transactions

Hi All,

Took the below steps to create a transaction in MYOB to reflect a $40,000 deposit paid to a supplier (to be applied to invoices at a later date). 

Didn't realise another person had created one in the system already. Now MYOB isn't allowing me to delete the transaction I created. When try to delete the transaction in Disbursements Transaction Journal screen or Purchases Transaction Journal screen it comes up with error message "You may to delete a deposit transaction for a recorded purchase."

Steps initially taken:

• Enter a new Purchase but change the Purchases Type to order instead of bill, and enter the deposit amount in the Paid Today field on the order.
  • Process payment 
  • To allocate the payment to outstanding invoices, from the Purchases menu choose Purchase Orders. 
  • Click to open the purchase order which has the deposit amount.
  • Click Convert to bill at the top or bottom of the order.
  • Change the bill amount to zero and save.
  • This will now create a supplier debit note (supplier return) and you can then apply this debit to other bills outstanding from this supplier.

Please advise how we can clear out the duplicate transactions in MYOB.

Thanks!

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi El999 

Thanks for your post and Welcome to the Community Forum.

If you've entered a transaction twice, delete one of them. If a transaction has been matched, allocated or reconciled, you must unmatch, undo the allocation or unreconciled it before it can be deleted. 

Kindly check on this Help Articles: Duplicated Transactions. 

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist you further. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers, 

Cel

gavin12345
      Ultimate User

Hi El999 

While what Celia_B  mentioned applies in some cases, it does not apply to a Bill that was originally an Order with a payment made against it. These cannot be deleted, they must be reversed.  You may be able to delete a payment if made while it was a Bill, however the Bill itself will need to be reversed as will the deposit. See this help article for more info about reversing a transaction.

Regards

Gavin