Forum Discussion

KathyJ
Partner
2 years ago

Warning We couldn't check the ABN

Hi

I get this message when entering a new supplier's ABN.

Warning We couldn't check the ABN for you. Please try again later.

Its been going on for a while and would like to resolve it.

Have looked through some threads relating to a similar issue with payroll and have checked that the PC is running Windows 8.1.

This is a clients computer and I dont get this problem when I use their file in my office.

Please advise.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi,

We have been getting this same "Warning cannot check ABN"message now for a few months. There appears to be no way to remove the 'check' and the yellow warning box remains covering the part of the screen behind it. This comes up on every Card search or enquiry for a Supplier.

The server we are using is currently on Windows Server 2012 R2", is this the problem? 

If we upgrade to Windows Server 2019 will this remove the warning message?

Sue

SamaraM
      Former Staff

Hi KathyJ and sviljoen 

As you mentioned the error message is occurring on Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2, and both of these are Windows versions that are now not supported, then I recommend upgrading to Windows 10 and Windows Server 2019 or above respectively.

Let me know how you get on or if you still receive the error after upgrading.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.