Forum Discussion

springcav
Partner
2 years ago
Solved

Checking pay run failed. Try again

Hi, I am trying to record a payrun in the New MYOB Essentials. An error message "Checking pay run failed. Try again. " keeps coming up. Nothing has changed since a pay run was processed last Friday. Can someone help me please?  Thank you

• Thank you Samara.

That worked 

32 Replies

• I have trie to send again & have had this error come up

Cannot read property 'filter' of undefined. Please try again. If the error persists, get in touch with us. Request ID: faf284e2-5d34-4b8a-a827-d092f460ead0.

SamaraM
      Former Staff

Hi springcav 

Thank you for your post. 

As a first step of troubleshooting can you clear your browser cache, which can resolve some odd behaviour.

If you are still getting the error can you send through a screenshot of the pay run and the last 4 digits of your Serial Number so I can investigate further?

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

springcav
        Partner

Hi Samara,

I have cleared the browser cache & still have the problem.

The last 4 digits of the serial number are 0449

Thank you

TME4
      User

pay 'checking payrun failed' - have entered 4 times with 40 employees. MYOB reset to no avail.

Anyone got any ideas of how to fix this issue??

Shella_A
        MYOB Moderator

Hi TME4

Thank you for your post and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. I hope you find plenty of useful information. 

We’re sorry to know that you’re having trouble processing your employees’ pay run. This error can happen after saving a pay run that was started, then editing something (e.g., a timesheet or adding a pay item to an employee) before resuming the saved pay run.

To fix this, we recommend clearing the cache and cookies of your browser. After this, can you try closing out of the pay and going back into create pay run, then when the window appears saying there is a pay run in progress, select create pay run and try submitting a new pay rather than edit existing pay run. 

Let me know how you go. 

Cheers,

Shella

Loulou68
    Contributing User

Hey, did you get an answer to your query?

I've just had the exact same issue.  Called MYOB support, got no resolution after the usual 1 hr + on hold.  Not her fault, but the person I was trying to speak to did not speak very good English and sounded a long way from Australia.

She directed me to the community forum.  The last time I used this, I got no resolution either (different query).  Not a big fan of MYOB right now....

springcav
      Partner

Hi Loulou68,

Yes, the answer is above.

I closed/cancelled the first pay run then started a new payrun with no problems.

Hope that helps:smileyhappy:

Loulou68
        Contributing User

Hi springcav,

Thanks.

I was offered that advice too, (to cancel the current payrun and start again), but I was not very happy about having to re-do all my data entry and loss of a couple hours work.

So I processed the pay as usual.  Then I went to : Payroll > Single Touch Payroll Reporting, to see if the payrun had been accepted or "accepted with errors".  It had been accepted fine, so I saved myself lots of extra time re-entering all the data!

Loulou68
      Contributing User

HEY, not I have not got this resolved yet.  I have a payrun about to roll and the same problem is appearing.  I've got 31 employees to pay.  The fix I have been doing since Nov 23 is to delete 6 employees, so I can only pay a maximum of 25 at a time.  I've not idea why or how this works, as the message I'm getting is :

'checking for single touch payroll errors....' and then:

'Checking pay run failed. Try Again',  which never works

Try to proceed with the payrun then get this message:

'Something went wrong. Please try again or refresh the browser.  Please try again. If the error persists, get in touch with us.  Request ID:  c7c8537f-7d37-497a-8f72-4c77e0a10377

I've also been on hold for hours, only to get through to someone who, like you and not her fault, but doesn't speak very good English and directed me to the community forum, after telling me MYOB knows this is an issue but does not know how long it will take to resolve.   Excuse me, but this was NOVEMBER 2023 and , oh, I've just had an email with a monthly price increase coming shortly.  I am certainly not a fan of MYOB either..... VERY frustrated .....  Where is their Customer Service exactly?

HelenHolman
        Contributing User

@ Loulou68 I agree with you completely.  I am so frustrated by this.  I keep getting told I'm doing something to cause it and I am absolutely not.  I do not do a payrun these days unless everything is updated before I start.

Sick of the fact that I am getting nowhere and yes, a price increase too!

magyarkuki
      Experienced Cover User

From my experience, I've discovered that this is almost always because a NEW employee has been added and either a) they were added AFTER a pay run was created (no good) or b) there are details in missing in that new employee's profile. 

The biggest problem is...the error message doesn't tell you wich employee has the error...I've just always deduced that it's a new one. I would then delete that employee from the pay run, process the existing pay run without them...and then create a NEW pay run just for that 1 employee (after I'd fixed whatever the issue was...usually a missing wage classification or something)

HelenHolman
        Contributing User

magyarkuki Nope. Not the case for me.  I make a point of not updating/changing ANYTHING once I start a payrun these days. With 50 employees, I'm not taking any chances.

Still a problem for me.

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi HelenHolman 

Thanks for your post. And Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you'll find it a wealth of knowledge.

If the submitted payroll report has a status of Accepted but you still receiving errors, this means that the ATO accepted your payroll information, but some information needs fixing before your next pay run. 

This can happen when some (but not all) employee information doesn't meet the ATO's requirements. And it's typically pretty easy to fix.  You can check on this Help Article: Single Touch Payroll reporting error: Accepted with errors

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist you further. 

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers, 

Cel

HelenHolman
      Contributing User

Hi Celia

Thank you but the article you have posted the link to is not helpful.

I have done Payroll>Payroll Reporting?Check Payroll Details and there are no issues.

Today I have created the payrun, not made any changes to anything except within the payrun and when I finish the data entry and click 'NEXT' it moves to the next page and goes through the 'Checking pay run for Single Touch Payroll' settings' and comes up with "! Checking pay run failed. Try again".

This happens every pay run.  I ignore it and submit to the ATO and every time it is accepted without errors.

I spent hours on the phone with MYOB support ages ago and got nowhere.

It will be interesting to see what happens when I go to finalise at the end of the year.

Helen

Celia_B
        MYOB Moderator

Hi HelenHolman 

Thank you for getting back to us and share the updates on the issue. 

The first thing that I would suggest is clearing the cache on your browser, and the app will continue to function normally. Then try again with the pay run. And if, after clearing the cache, the error changes to "cannot read properly filter or undefined," I recommend creating a new pay run because that error usually occurs when processing pay and then saving it. And then make changes or edit the payroll area and you try to resume and save the pay run. 

Feel free  to post again if further assistance is required. I'm happy to help. 

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

cheers, 

Cel