Forum Discussion

Manal-Hafza
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago

non-zero value error message

Hi Team, 

i am trying to enter a credit note for an item - the amounts are identical and im not sure why the error is coming up. 

is someone able to help me please? 

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Komal_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Manal-Hafza 

This means that while your inventory quantity will be zero, the value of the items you're adjusting would not return to zero. Therefore, please check the total value of the item in the item's profile. 

For example, if you tried to return 7 glasses at $10.00 each for a total value of $70.00 but AccountRight shows the 7 glasses to be worth $63.64 in total, you'll see this message.

Before you can record this transaction, you need to adjust your inventory value by the amount that it's unbalanced by. More information on how this can be done can be found in this help article. 

Manal-Hafza
      Experienced Cover User

Thankyou for the reply, the item qty and the item value are the same in the item register and on the credit note. 

were you able to review the image i posted? 

on the left, there was the item value 

on the right, there was the cn i am trying to record 

not sure what else i can do here 

Komal_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Manal-Hafza 

I've reviewed those images, however, please look at the current value of the item in the item's profile (Items>>Items list>>Open item name). If this return transaction is reducing the value of the item below zero, that would be the reason for this error.

The only way to fix this is recording an inventory adjustment to increase the total item value by the same amount as the purchase value, which would allow you to delete the purchase order and return both the quantity and value to the required amounts.