Forum Discussion

Eliane
Trusted Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

Deleting Supplier Card

Hi guys,

We had a duplicate in cards, mix up because supplier hasn't been used in years, so it was inactive, so our staff added a new card and placed a bill against the new card.

When I saw it, I deleted the bill and activated the old card and made the bill on the old card to prevent duplicates. 

But now, it won't let me delete the new card, it tells me that there's purchases on file. There's no purchases, I deleted it and checked it. There's no history to it at all. Why won't it let me delete it? What do I do to delete it? 

Thanks!

Elle

• Hi Elaine

In the card file you will find a button on the bottom in your card list called "Combine Cards" you can merge both cards together here so that you only have 1 active card.

You could have done this when you first identified the duplicate account.

It is very easy to do - click on 'Combine Cards' next choose the duplicate card (new one as secondary card) then choose the reactivated orginal card and then click bottom righ of this screen "COMBINE CARDS" - both cards will become 1 - no card to delete.

Hope this helps you.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    GenevieveB
    Experienced User

Hi Elaine

In the card file you will find a button on the bottom in your card list called "Combine Cards" you can merge both cards together here so that you only have 1 active card.

You could have done this when you first identified the duplicate account.

It is very easy to do - click on 'Combine Cards' next choose the duplicate card (new one as secondary card) then choose the reactivated orginal card and then click bottom righ of this screen "COMBINE CARDS" - both cards will become 1 - no card to delete.

Hope this helps you.