Forum Discussion

FedUp
Experienced Cover User
4 months ago
Solved

Account Right shutting down when I try to open supplier card

Hi Princess - I saw your solution to ilovepho however i am experiencing the same problem with a supplier card but my file is not online - can you let me know what I need to do to resolve this

• Hi FedUp 

Clearly there is an issue with the Supplier Card causing MYOB to crash. The file needs to be repaired. However since MYOB sacked most of their support staff a few months ago and outsourced forum and other support functions, new moderators etc struggle to understand as they don't have the historical background to all of the issues in AR2024.

If you cannot get the issue fixed by MYOB, try MYOX Services, they can repair AR2024 files. There would be a fee, however solution likely to be much quicker than a MYOB repair.

Regards

Gavin

4 Replies

• Hi FedUp,

Thank you for reaching out, and I appreciate your understanding regarding the delayed response.

Are you still encountering the same issue? If yes, I would kindly suggest you utilize the AccountRight Hot Fix tool, which can be found in this post: Unable to open a recently upgraded company file. Please ensure to follow the instructions carefully provided in the post, specifically up to the second part, as it contains detailed steps on resolving the problem.

Please let me know how you get along and if you require further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess

FedUp
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you for your reply Princess

I have downloaded and used the hotfix tool so many times now that I have lost count - it gives all the required responses and I have to reverify my file but unfortunately it DOES NOT fix the problem.

My problem is I cannot open a supplier card - I need to open the card - I get the message that an error as occurred and MYOB needs to close.

The error report DOES NOT contain the words "FINGERPRINT ERROR"

I have uploaded the error report twice now but get no response other than try the hotfix tool (I have been dealing with Doreen, she just keeps telling me to do the same thing over and over - it does not work) I have been using MYOB since 2000 so I have a fair idea of what I am doing.

I need to access this card - I have an accounting error that needs fixing and I need to delete an item but cannot do it - my accountant wants me to send the corrected file - I cannot because I cannot delete/correct it.

Please don't ask me to download the fingerprint tool again - I need a solution that works

Colleen

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi FedUp 

Clearly there is an issue with the Supplier Card causing MYOB to crash. The file needs to be repaired. However since MYOB sacked most of their support staff a few months ago and outsourced forum and other support functions, new moderators etc struggle to understand as they don't have the historical background to all of the issues in AR2024.

If you cannot get the issue fixed by MYOB, try MYOX Services, they can repair AR2024 files. There would be a fee, however solution likely to be much quicker than a MYOB repair.

Regards

Gavin