Forum Discussion

PFCCOG
Contributing User
4 years ago
Solved

Getting rid of a paid sales invoice

Hi members,

I have a $110 sales invoice dated January 2020 that was paid in February 2020 by the head office of an organisation that pays for multiple stores. They sent me their remittance which shows the $110 invoice they paid.

I used the debtors clearing account to put all the payments into.

Somehow I managed to balance the debtors clearing account without allocating the $110 invoice.

What is the best way to clear this paid invoice without raising a credit note?

Thank you in advance :)

• Hi PFCCOG , one logical possibility is that the charges have been duplicated and included in another branch's payment amount, in which case you "could" credit the total.

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Jesh_D
    Former Staff

Hi PFCCOG 

To help you with the query please refer to this Help Article: Deleting a transaction. Just note that there are a number of restrictions when deleting transactions. Your security preferences and user role must allow deleting, the transaction can't be in a locked period and the transaction must be in your current financial year, which the Help Article I have provided also explains and gives instructions to.

Please let me know how you get on, and if you require further assistance. 

PFCCOG
      Contributing User

Thank you for responding Jesh_D.

I don't want to delete the sale. I need to show it as paid and don't know how to do that.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear in original post.

Jesh_D
        Former Staff

Hi PFCCOG 

Thank you for your response and clarification. You can follow the steps on how to record payments against invoice to show them as paid by following the instructions in this handy Help Article: Receiving Payments.

Once you have followed the steps, the invoice/s in question will be paid and therefore can be closed. Please let me know if you have any further questions I can assist with.