Forum Discussion

ptw
User
5 years ago
Solved

Item number lookup when entering sales

Greetings

Firstly let me apololgize for my ignorance in using MYOB Account Right 19.4. I am coming from another POS system (Vend) and trying to align my knowledge of that with how Account Right works.

We are using Account Right to run a small book store operation with maybe a few hundred inventory items.

My problem arises when creating sales. One of the lookup fields is Item Number. I want to use that instead of description lookup to eventually be able to use a barcode scanner for quicker entry of sales. However, even though the field is called Item Number, any item number typed in there are not recognised. Using the dropdown shows a scrollable table of item numbers and names, but when selecting one of those items, it is the item description that is displayed in the Item Number field and not the item number, plus the item name is duplicated in the next field, labelled description.

Is there a preference or setting I change to alter this behaviour so the the Item Number field responds to item number input?

Thanks

• Hi ptw 

Sound like you have Setup>>Preferences>>Windows>>Select Items by Item Name, Not Item Number enabled within the company file. As per the wording, if that option is enabled you are selecting the items by name, not number. If you want to use Item Number, then you want that option disabled.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi ptw 

Sound like you have Setup>>Preferences>>Windows>>Select Items by Item Name, Not Item Number enabled within the company file. As per the wording, if that option is enabled you are selecting the items by name, not number. If you want to use Item Number, then you want that option disabled.

Do let us know how you get on and if you require further assistance.

ptw
      User

Thanks Steven. That has fixed that issue and I'll mark it solved.

As a follow on, is there any way to have quantity automatically default to one when a item number is entered or scanned in?

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi ptw 

Terrific, great to hear that disabling that preference has worked for you. Thanks for letting us know.

In terms of adding a default quantity onto an invoice for an item, this is not a feature of the product. The user does need to manually enter in the Ship amount on the invoice.