Forum Discussion

Jane7
User
5 years ago
Solved

Refund of credit note to customer

Hi 

I need to refund a customer a credit note - can this be done via creating an ABA file and loading to the bank the same way that it is done with creditor payments.?

thanks

• HI Jane7 

As the Pay Refund window in AccountRight does not have the Electronic Payment option, its not possible to include it in an electronic payment.

If you were wanting to pay the refund using an electronic payment you would have to create a spend money transaction for the amount, followed by a journal entry to reverse the spend money transaction. This ensures the bank reconciliation will balance as your effectively creating a duplicate transaction under a different window. Assuming you were unfamiliar with creating journal entries I'd recommend seeking advice from your accountant

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Neil_M
    Former Staff

HI Jane7 

As the Pay Refund window in AccountRight does not have the Electronic Payment option, its not possible to include it in an electronic payment.

If you were wanting to pay the refund using an electronic payment you would have to create a spend money transaction for the amount, followed by a journal entry to reverse the spend money transaction. This ensures the bank reconciliation will balance as your effectively creating a duplicate transaction under a different window. Assuming you were unfamiliar with creating journal entries I'd recommend seeking advice from your accountant