Forum Discussion

5 years ago
Solved

Unable to add a "z" in front of Inactive item number

Hi 

I am trying to change some of my sales from per kg to per unit. I need to keep the same Item Number in my list, and was advised to add a 'Z' in front of my existing name. There by changing it, so i can reuse.

However it appears i am unable to do this. When I open my item profile card, I can not type in the Item Number. 

I have tried with it being active and inactive. 

Can someone point out what I am doing wrong.  I really need to keep the same Item Number/Name that already exists. I.e. see below, i want to add the 'Z' in front of HEALTH - Recycling. I dont use Inventory. 

MYOB query.PNG

Thank you

Pauline

• HI PaulineR 

Although the Item Number field is character limited, you can generally record approximately 20 characters in the number field. That said, I am curious if you delete the last character in the item number field are you then able to add a character to the start of the item number?

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Neil_M
    Former Staff

HI PaulineR 

Although the Item Number field is character limited, you can generally record approximately 20 characters in the number field. That said, I am curious if you delete the last character in the item number field are you then able to add a character to the start of the item number?

PaulineR
      User

Hi Neil

Thank you - yes that worked a treat. 

I was able to delete the last character and insert the Z at the beginning.

Again thank you - I didn't even think to do that.

Kind regards

Pauline