Window opens off screen to the right

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
TheRob
Experienced User
42 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

42Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Window opens off screen to the right

For some unknown reason I often find that when I try to open a window (it can happen from anywhere, instead of opening in the visible area, the window opens off-screen to the right. When it happens the bottom scroll bar appears immediately and I need to scroll right and drag the window back to the visible area. Is this common? It's annoying as sometimes I don't think the window's opened and I end up opening it twice before I realise

8 REPLIES 8
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Window opens off screen to the right

Hi @TheRob 

Thank you for your post. If the window is opening outside of your current screen, that sounds like it might be a display issue on your computer. Is it possible you have a 2nd display connected? 

If you go into the Settings on your computer, then Display you can check if you perhaps have an extra display connected?

Hope that helps.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

TheRob
Experienced User
42 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

42Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for your comment. Yes, I have twin monitors. I use one for MYOB and the other for whatever else I am working with/on. Does MYOB expect me to widen my display to cover both screens with MYOB?

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi @TheRob 

Accountright is designed to display on one screen when maximized. If it is opening some windows on the second screen that sounds like something environmental in the settings of your specific computer is causing the software to do that.

I would check that your system meets our Recommended system requirements, then check with an IT professional regarding the settings on your computer causing some windows to open on both screens. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

TheRob
Experienced User
42 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

42Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Samara,

Just to clarify, no MYOB is not opening a window on the second screen. I have an old Windows 10 i5 PC with two monitors, One is 1920 X 1080; The other is 1680 X 1050. Windows works on either screen when I drag the window from one screen to another. 

The odd behaviour is that sometimes, when I am drilling down on a record, nothing appears to happen. However if I look at the bottom of the window, the horizontal scroll bar has appeared and when I scroll across to the right, the window I tried to open is there. It is outside the boundary of the screen, AS IF MYOB thinks I have a super-wide screen. 

Bazaar, I know, why, I don't

Rob

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi @TheRob 

You mentioned having an old Windows 10 device. Were you able to look through the system requirements and check the system is up to date?

If you are not sure how to do that, here's how to check for any available updates:

1. If your computer only allows users with administrator privileges to install updates, log into Windows as administrator.
  2. Click the Windows Start button and click the Settings icon to open the Windows Settings screen.
  3. Click Update & Security then click Check for updates. If you can't access your windows updates, you might be in a network where you'll need to get your IT administrator's help.
  4. If updates are available:
    1. Select all Important updates.
    2. Select any Optional updates which refer to .NET Framework.
    3. Click Install to install the selected updates.
  5. Restart your computer.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

TheRob
Experienced User
42 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

42Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Hi,

Thanks again for your ongoing feedback.

My system is set for automatic updates, nevertheless I ran a check and it is up to date for Windows 10. It won’t work with Windows 11 but it’s good for a couple of years

As for optional updates, the attaches screen print shows all that’s available. I doubt any of these may affect MYOB but if you suggest there may be some that do, please let me know. The MS suggestion is only update the drivers if there is a problem

Attached is a screen print showing what I am talking about. In this case I clicked on an invoice in the In Tray, pressed Create New Bill, and visibly nothing happened except the invoice I clicked on disappeared and the horizontal scroll bar appeared at the bottom – that’s not something I would ordinarily notice.

I then need to scroll to the right to see the invoice.

I can then drag the window back to where it belongs and the scroll bar disappears

WindowsUpdateStatus.jpg
WindowsOptionalUpdates.png
HorizontalScrollBarOpens.png
NewWindowNowOpenOffScreen.png
DraggedBack.png
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @TheRob 

Thanks for checking that. I've had another look at the AccountRight settings and there is a preference that may be causing it to open windows like this.

Can you go to; Setup > Preferences > Windows > and see if Save Windows Sizes and Locations is ticked. If that is the case then untick it then save and completely close the program down. Reopen AccountRight and it should be correctly putting the window in the centre of the page.

Let me know how you get on and if the above resolved the issue. 

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

TheRob
Experienced User
42 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

42Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

That did the trick. Thanks very much for your help!

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post