Forum Discussion

TheRob
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

Window opens off screen to the right

For some unknown reason I often find that when I try to open a window (it can happen from anywhere, instead of opening in the visible area, the window opens off-screen to the right. When it happens the bottom scroll bar appears immediately and I need to scroll right and drag the window back to the visible area. Is this common? It's annoying as sometimes I don't think the window's opened and I end up opening it twice before I realise

• Hi TheRob 

Thanks for checking that. I've had another look at the AccountRight settings and there is a preference that may be causing it to open windows like this.

Can you go to; Setup > Preferences > Windows > and see if Save Windows Sizes and Locations is ticked. If that is the case then untick it then save and completely close the program down. Reopen AccountRight and it should be correctly putting the window in the centre of the page.

Let me know how you get on and if the above resolved the issue. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi TheRob 

Thank you for your post. If the window is opening outside of your current screen, that sounds like it might be a display issue on your computer. Is it possible you have a 2nd display connected? 

If you go into the Settings on your computer, then Display you can check if you perhaps have an extra display connected?

Hope that helps.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

TheRob
      Experienced User

Thanks for your comment. Yes, I have twin monitors. I use one for MYOB and the other for whatever else I am working with/on. Does MYOB expect me to widen my display to cover both screens with MYOB?

SamaraM
        Former Staff

Hi TheRob 

Accountright is designed to display on one screen when maximized. If it is opening some windows on the second screen that sounds like something environmental in the settings of your specific computer is causing the software to do that.

I would check that your system meets our Recommended system requirements, then check with an IT professional regarding the settings on your computer causing some windows to open on both screens.