Work in Progress - Accurate report as at EOM

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
juliemac1
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Work in Progress - Accurate report as at EOM

I wish to obtain an accurate WIP as at the end of each month.  When you run the Activity Slip (Activity Detail) report - Slip Status WIP only, this is not giving the correct figures as at the date of the report e.g. 28 Feb 2022. i.e. if something was Invoiced on the 3rd March 2022, it is removing it from this report, when it should still show in the WIP as unbilled as at the 28 Feb 2022.

This is really imperative to report an accurate WIP as at a particular date.

Help please!

( I would have thought this report would run similar to say the Payables Reconciliaton i.e. even though it has been paid since, it is still reporting correct information as at a particular date)

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
juliemac1
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Work in Progress - Accurate report as at EOM

Help please - does anyone have a resolution for this ? Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @juliemac1 

Sorry to see that no one has offered assistance with your query

The Activity Slip [Activity Detial] report will showcase all the activity slips based on the filters that you do select based on the current information in the file. The date filter is the date on which to bring up the activity slips.

As such, if you have invoiced out work/removed it from the Work in progress with a future dated transaction it would be filtered out if the Slip Status filter is set to be Work in Progress only. This is due to the fact that the data in the current file has already been marked as actioned (regardless of when it was invoiced out).

The only way I can think in the current software to get that actual work in progress value when you have invoiced out at a later date would be to not invoice it out until you have completed those reports i.e. generate the reports and then invoice them out. Others in the MYOB Community may have some other suggestions but that is the only way I could think you could achieve it.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

juliemac1
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

12Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Steven for your reply.

Unfortunate to know that this cant be done, but at least now I know.

Cheers

Julie

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post