Amend Payroll Date

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
BronYoung
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Amend Payroll Date

Hi there,

I need to amend a payroll payment date in AccountRight, as payroll was paid a day later than the usual payroll date.  I need the payslips to align with the actual payment date.  The payroll aba file was edited via text edit so it's already been processed and paid to employees, STP has not yet been lodged, and no super payments have been made.  Is there an easy option to remove the electronic payment and then amend the pay date for the pay run, or should it be deleted and a new payrun created?

3 REPLIES 3
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Amend Payroll Date

Hi @BronYoung 

Thanks for your post. You're not able to change the payment date once the pay has been recorded so the easiest way to handle this would be to reverse the pay transactions. Then reprocess the pay run with the correct payment date.

The reversals and reprocessed pay transactions will appear in the Prepare electronic payments window. Tick them all so the Total payment amount is $0.00. Click on Bank file and when the Save as window opens click Cancel as you don't need to save the ABA file.

You don't make any changes to the original electronic payment transaction, it can still be matched with the bank feed transaction.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

BronYoung
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Tracey_H 

Thank you for the detailed instructions, I have reversed the payrun and reprocessed it with the correct payment date, however now I have 2 x STP events for the same amount (not sent) for both of the paydates?  How can I update this so only 1 fortnightly pay event is updated to ATO?

Thank you

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @BronYoung 

STP updates the YTD amounts each time a report is sent and each report overrides the previous one. When you reverse a payrun the YTD amounts are reduced by that payrun, when you send that STP report the reduced YTD amounts are sent to the ATO. When you reprocess the payrun the new updated YTD amounts are sent to the ATO. 

I'd recommend sending those two reports, wait until they are accepted and then send an update event. Sending an update event will just send the current YTD amounts so STP is up-to-date. 

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post