Forum Discussion

4 years ago
Solved

Contact log access

Can the contact log be filtered so not all users can have access to all logs entered re employees. They dont have access to employees in Cards List, but still do through contact log, is there away of stopping this from happening.

Breaches employees privacy and security.

• Hi Vicklee 

Thank you for replying. 

Can you please check that these uses also have Cards unticked for each category (i.e Accountant/Bookkeeper, Banking, Inventory management, etc), as per the list below. 

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Jesh_D
    Former Staff

Hi Vicklee 

Thank you for your post. 

From my understanding, you can prevent a user’s access to the Contact log via Setup>>User Access>>Cards>>Contact Log, however you can't filter the Contact log in such a way that users can only see specific logs that they have access to. If you would like to see this feature please post it onto the AccountRight Ideas Exchange for future consideration. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Vicklee
      User

Thank you Jesh,

I have changed the users to having cards unticked and also deleting all ticks relating to employees and contact logs, but for some reason they are still having access to the contact log in Card Files.

Jesh_D
        Former Staff

Hi Vicklee 

Thank you for replying. 

Can you please check that these uses also have Cards unticked for each category (i.e Accountant/Bookkeeper, Banking, Inventory management, etc), as per the list below.