Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

Default GL accounts

Hoping someone can advise or assist.

How do I change default GL accounts? When I make a superannuation payment the GL it is Debit Bank and Credit 2-1410. I want to change it so it is Debit Bank and Credit GL 2-1415. I have called MYOB twice. They did not answer my call after 1 hour 15 yesterday  and when I called back today after 1 hour 20 the started to discuss with me only to not understand my question and then ended up cutting me off at the 1 hour 32 mark. So disappointed and annoyed. This feels simple yet I cannot locate where I can make this change. Please help.

• Hi Vanessa_INOC 

When making a payment on your superannuation you would be paying off the superannuation liability account. As such, if you are needing change your account you would be looking at updating that account associated with you superannuation payroll categories.

To update the linked account for your superannuation payroll categories:

1. Navigate to Payroll>>Payroll Categories
    2. Select Superannuation
    3. Choose the Superannuation category
    4. Update the Linked account - some may have two accounts (generally you want to update the Linked Payable account)
    5. Select Ok

If you have multiple categories these would need to be updated individually.

The above process will only existing categories. You may need to go to Setup>>Linked Accounts>>Payroll Accounts and update the Default Tax/Deductions Payable Account.

It should also be noted that any already recorded payroll transactions would still have that original account listed. As a result, when making your next payment you may find that old general ledger account being used (and potentially in combination with the current one). This should change over time when you have paid out all the superannuation in that original account.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Vanessa_INOC 

When making a payment on your superannuation you would be paying off the superannuation liability account. As such, if you are needing change your account you would be looking at updating that account associated with you superannuation payroll categories.

To update the linked account for your superannuation payroll categories:

1. Navigate to Payroll>>Payroll Categories
    2. Select Superannuation
    3. Choose the Superannuation category
    4. Update the Linked account - some may have two accounts (generally you want to update the Linked Payable account)
    5. Select Ok

If you have multiple categories these would need to be updated individually.

The above process will only existing categories. You may need to go to Setup>>Linked Accounts>>Payroll Accounts and update the Default Tax/Deductions Payable Account.

It should also be noted that any already recorded payroll transactions would still have that original account listed. As a result, when making your next payment you may find that old general ledger account being used (and potentially in combination with the current one). This should change over time when you have paid out all the superannuation in that original account.