Payroll reversed due to wrong payment date, still appears, cant reconcile bank

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Lizardqueen
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll reversed due to wrong payment date, still appears, cant reconcile bank

Put wrong payment date on payroll (2 employees), 31/12 instead of 03/01. I have reversed the payroll, which allowed me to change the date. I have checked the ATO payroll report centre, and it is calculated properly there.

The problem is the 2 payroll transactions still appear in December and January on the transaction journal now. When i try to reconcile December it is out of balance the amount of the 2 pays. I tried to delete the 2 transactions for 31/12, but it wants to send through to the ATO, and thought if I did that I might be creating more of a problem.

Thanks in advance 

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payroll reversed due to wrong payment date, still appears, cant reconcile bank

Hi @Lizardqueen 

Thanks for your post. In the Reconcile accounts window for December you should have the original pay transactions and the reversals. You would tick both transactions to clear them out of that window. 

If the reversal isn't appearing in the Reconcile accounts window, open the reversal transaction and check the account selected in the Pay from account field. If it's the electronic clearing account you will need to process the electronic payment transaction. The Community Forum post, Reversals in the Prepare electronic payments window, has detailed instructions for this.

Let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Lizardqueen
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Re: Payroll reversed due to wrong payment date, still appears, cant reconcile bank

Thankyou, followed the link you provided and successfully got it sorted, cheers

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post