Payslip YTD earnings not showing

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
BeWise
Partner
8 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payslip YTD earnings not showing

Payslip is showing from September onwards incorrectly on 1 employee only. I have just taken over from a previous bookkeeper and between us we may have inadvertantly ticked or unticked a box. We did delete a payrun before doing lodging STP as some figures were incorrect, but then re-ran the same payrun correctly.

I've attached 3 examples of the same employee on different weeks throughout September.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sample 3.PNG
Sample 2.PNG
Sample 1.PNG
2 REPLIES 2
Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Payslip YTD earnings not showing

Hello @BeWise 

The YTD amounts listed on a pay slip are pulled directly from the employee's Pay History. You can see the values via Card File >> Cards Lists >> Employees >> Select the employee's card >> Payroll Details >> Pay History (left-hand side) and select Show Pay History for Year-To-Date.

In some cases, the value will actually disagree with what is shown on a Payroll Report, like the Payroll Activity Summary report. This is because certain payroll reports will look at the history of the card and others will look at the actual payroll transactions.  Generally, the difference occurs due to the card history being updated manually where no payroll transaction has been recorded.

I would be looking at running the Payroll Activity Summary and the Payroll Register Summary report and compare these two. The Activity Report looks at the actual payroll transactions whereas the Register looks at the pay history. If there is a discrepancy with these reports, run them on a per month basis to determine when that discrepancy occurs and ensure that all the relevant pays have been entered for that period. If the pay values are correct, navigate to the Pay History of the employee and manually update the values back to the values of the payroll transactions dated that calendar month. Once completed, this will update the YTD values on the card and the payslips going forward.

I would also make sure that you do have Setup >> Preferences >> Reports & Forms >> Include all YTD amounts and Entitlement Balances on Paycheque stubs is enabled as this will produce the YTD information on a payslip.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

BeWise
Partner
8 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

8Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payslip YTD earnings not showing

Emily, thank you for your help, I found the mistake and will now be able to ask the accountants to correct it. FYI It was a JE with a negative figure on his pay, not sure why.

Great solution and much appreciated. Regards Tracy

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post