Profit & Loss Reports, I am unable to access for New Financial Year 2020/2021

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
bamma
Trusted Cover User
49 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

49Posts

7Kudos

4Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Profit & Loss Reports, I am unable to access for New Financial Year 2020/2021

Keeps asking me to enter a valid date range for July 2020!     

P&L reports for up to 30th June 2020 all OK, we just can't access July 2020 reports to date.

3 REPLIES 3
Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Re: Profit & Loss Reports, I am unable to access for New Financial Year 2020/2021

Hi @bamma 

Certain reports in AccountRight, like the Profit & Loss reports, can only be run for one year either side of the current financial year within your file. These reports can be identified as you have to select which financial year you want to run the report for, being last year, current year and next year.

You can influence which year is the current year, and such which years are deemed the last and next years by rolling over the financial year in the file. Do note that you should only roll the financial year on the advice of your accountant

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

bamma
Trusted Cover User
49 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

49Posts

7Kudos

4Solutions

Re: Profit & Loss Reports, I am unable to access for New Financial Year 2020/2021

Profit & Loss Statement - Filter Reports has a drop down box showing previous, current & next year

Last Year  (FY2018)

This Year  (FY2019)

Next Year  (FY2020)

When I selected Nexy Year (FY2020)  it says please Enter Valid Date, so even with the drop down box asking which year I'm after, you are saying I have to physically roll over before I can run July Reports.

Neil_M
13,473 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

13,473Posts

0Kudos

1,916Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @bamma 

As the next year is FY2020 in your reports, this means you can run the report for dates up to and including the end of the 2020 financial year, being 30 June 2020 assuming your running on a standard Australian financial year.

To report on dates beyond this, you would need to roll the financial year in the file so the current financial year is at least 2020. This will make the next year update to 2021, so you can report to the end of the 2021 financial year

Regards,
Neil

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post