Partner Zone

Re: Employees ETP and tax withheld not recorded in STP figures

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
seqtt
Trusted Cover User
130 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

130Posts

33Kudos

3Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Why is the ETP Tax Withheld category created for Monies paid in lieu as an ETP, as described in the MYOB guidelines for creating ETP payroll categories (see attached) set up as a Deduction  and not a (separate from PAYG Withheld) Tax? 

As a result Payroll Liabilities on my Balance sheet don't reconcile with my Payroll Activity Summary.

Because I've finalized my STP, I now have to prepare and report amended Income Statements to ATO for those employees that received an ETP payment last payroll year.

2 REPLIES 2
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @seqtt 

Thanks for your post. As you are not able to create new tax categories, ETP tax withheld does need to be set up as a deduction. When creating that payroll category you do need to select the applicable liability account. You can create your own liability account or select one already in the accounts list:

etp.PNG

This will determine how that ETP tax amount is reported on your Balance Sheet:

etp2.PNG

Running the Payroll Activity detail will allow to reconcile that amount with your Balance Sheet. You will also need to select the ETP Tax Withheld category in W2 of your BAS setup to include those amounts in your withholding total.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

seqtt
Trusted Cover User
130 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia
Trusted Cover User

130Posts

33Kudos

3Solutions

Hi @Tracey_H ,

Thanks for the reply. I could see where my accountant was coming from, but as I started ito investigate, I went back to see how I'd set up the activity statement fields and realised the ETP Withheld could only be created as a Deduction.
I went back to the Payroll Reporting centre and before removing the employee's finalisation, downloaded the PAYG withholding YTD PDF report, and then it all made sense. Forwarded that report to my accountant, and where both happy now.

Enjoy the rest of your day Smiley Happy A

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post