Partner Zone

Reversed a pay, but Super had already been processed

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
debrowling
3 Posts
User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Reversed a pay, but Super had already been processed

An employee of one of my clients submitted the incorrect details for her pay (she worked extra hours). I've gone and reversed the pay per the the appropriate help article.

However, prior to finding reversing the pay, the superannuation had already been paid through the 'Pay Superannuation' function, and debited from the bank account.

I've now re-done the pay, but when I go to pay the balance of the superannuation via the 'Pay Superannuation' function, the whole amount of $77.95 comes up - but $61.46 of it has already been paid. 

How can I go about making it so that the 'Pay Superannuation' function only shows the $16.49 that is actually payable?

4 REPLIES 4
Emily_B
1,327 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,327Posts

0Kudos

170Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Reversed a pay, but Super had already been processed

Hello @debrowling 

Just to clarify I am following this: Pay 1 was processed for, let's say $500. It was later realized it should have been $550. Super for the $500 was paid out at $61.46. The $500 was reversed, the correct $550 was paid, and now Super is showing $77.95 against that $550, rather than just the $16.46 reflective of the extra $50?

Please see this Help Article on Checking and Adjusting Superannuation, which will walk you through the steps to fix a super payment. You should be able to manually adjust the figures on a void pay for the employee and pay the $16.46 that remains owed. If however this process does not seem to be working and that $77.95 does not adjust as required, you would be looking at reversing the $61.46 transaction following the steps outlined in Reversing and reprocessing superannuation payments. You could then pay the $77.95 in full.

Kind regards,
Emily

MYOB Community Support

debrowling
3 Posts
User

3Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Emily_B ,

Thank you so much! The manual adjustment on a void pay worked perfectly - thanks so much for your help! Smiley Happy 

nickyKoz
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Can i just see if this method will work for my scenario as well?  - when setting up an employees card we accidentally used the wrong account for superannuation liability.  All payments were correct, we just had the superannuation going into the wrong accounts.  We were told to reverese the transactions and correct.  We did that no problems but now the superannuation liability is double what it was previously.  It does not seem to have acknowledged the credit from reversal.  Should I just do the method you describe.  The inital payroll has been reported to STP (we will resubmit to STP due to reversals) and the super has been paid through the ATO clearing house.  I just need to make sure the superannuation is correct before declaring all through STP and make our accounts accurate again. 

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @nickyKoz 

We are aware that if a pay has had liabilities paid and the pay is then reversed, that liability reversal will not show in Pay Liabilities. To fix this you will need to reverse the reversal to cancel the reversal and enter the negative pay manually.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post