Forum Discussion

KazP
Experienced User
2 years ago
Solved

Self Managed Super Fund

Hi,   I have an employee with a SMSF.   We are using AccountRight 2022.9 version and in previous versions there was the option of selecting a retail fund or a SMSF.   How do I add their ABN, ES...
    2 years ago

Hi KazP 

If you've set up Pay Super, you can add a self-managed super fund into AccountRight. 

1. Go to the Lists menu and choose Superannuation Funds. The Superannuation Fund List window appears.

2. Click New. The Superannuation Fund Information window appears.
    3. Enter the Name you want to use for the fund within AccountRight. For example, you might want to give a fund with a long or confusing name a shorter, clearer one. (This is different to the fund's Registered Name, which we'll get to shortly.)
    4. Select the fund Type as Self-Managed. If you can't select this option, make sure you've set up Pay Super.
      new super fund with self-managed type highlighted

5. Enter the fund's ABN. The Registered Name for the fund will appear automatically. If it doesn't, check the ABN you've entered.
    6. Select the fund's ESA from the list. This is the Electronic Service Address, and is used to send data messages to the fund about the contributions you make.

Not sure which ESA to select? Check with your employee or the trustee/administrator of the Self Managed Super Fund. For more details on where to obtain an ESA, check the ATO website.

7. Enter the fund's BSB and Account Number.
    8. Click the Add fund contact details link to add the fund's Phone Number and Address.
    9. If you've signed up for Pay Super and want to pay the fund directly from AccountRight, make sure you select the Pay directly from AccountRight option on the right.

Once you've selected this option for a Self-Managed fund, you won't be able to edit the fund, so make sure you've entered the correct details.

10. Click OK. The fund now appears in the Superannuation Fund List window.
    11. Repeat from step 2 for each additional SMSF you want to create.

If you have set up Pay Super and still cannot see this option, could you please add some screenshots so I can investigate this further?