Forum Discussion

KatCT
Experienced User
11 months ago
Solved

Update event not working

Hi,

I have a situation where I identified a wage payroll category had 'Not Reportable' incorrectly assigned as the ATO Reporting category, the correct category was 'Gross Payments'.   This payroll category had only been used once for one employee.

I updated the payroll category and processed a $0 pay for the employee, the STP report has been accepted by the ATO but the employee's YTD gross payment figures have not changed to include the one-off payment. 

I need to fix this ASAP so that I can finalise all 100 employees.

KatCT
    11 months ago

Hey everyone,

Had to clarify with our accountant and amend the tax treatment of the payroll category and then everything aligned after the update event.

Thanks.

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi KatCT I find it sad coming here seeing people need urgent help and MYOB not having pulled out all steps to up their support during this crucial time - especially on the two weekends until the 14th.

Have you tried reversing the said pay entry and re-processing it with the updated pay category? Might work?

KatCT
      Experienced User

Thanks NikkiParsons 

I was hoping to avoid that as it's a pay from September last year, and I didnt want to unlock periods etc.....it's also kinda the point of the update event 🙄

I amended another employee's pay history in their card file yesterday and sent that event through succesfully.

I am working through MYOB's step-by-step instructions for EOFY finalisation, and they're not working.....

KatCT
        Experienced User

Today I got an auto-email from the Community Forum asking me if your response NikkiParsons was a solution.

MYOB - it is not!!!!

Your update event has not corrected my employees end of year figures.  I have followed your instructions to the letter, and your update event has not worked.

Can someone please respond.

M_kear
    Contributing Cover User

Hi,

I read below that you have periods locked.  Maybe unlock the period and try and send an Update Event for the 2023 year.   

We  had the same issue with changing a category (payroll) and then couldn't lodge an update.  We use category tracking (not related to payroll) but once I turned that off and tried again to send an update through STP it worked.

KatCT
      Experienced User

M_kear thanks for your response.

Had tried unlocking the period, and we don't have category tracking enabled.

I have had a response from a moderator on a different thread, will post here if the suggested solution works.