Chart of account - Current Year Earnings Inactive - BUG

Cleany
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Chart of account - Current Year Earnings Inactive - BUG

Hello, I have just started setting up my MYOB file over the last week and my Current Year Earnings ACC 3-9000 got inactivated somehow. I can't re-activate it because when I try to uncheck the box and save it gives an error saying "You can't deactivate an equity account for current earnings" 

I tried the chat and got told "There is no way to de-activate the account" Yet it's happened. 

I have tried exporting chart of accounts, Manually changing the Y to a N in the text file (manually re-activating it) That didn't work, I just got an error message in my emails for that account. 

I keep getting told to clear the cache and log in & out. I have done this multiple times and this has been an issue for a few days. 

I've tried changing the inactive acc number to 3-9001 and making new account 3-9000, but I can't link it?

I don't know what to do, I just finished setting everything up I don't want to reset everything and I wouldn't even know how to. The chat has been very very unhelpful in helping and one person just ended the chat.

1 REPLY 1
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,201 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,201Posts

118Kudos

492Solutions

Re: Chart of account - Current Year Earnings Inactive - BUG

Hi @Cleany,

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

It sounds like you're facing a challenging situation with your file, and this needs further investigation. To better assist you, we'll need more specific details about your MYOB setup. I'll be reaching out to you via private message to gather additional information. Please check your Community forum inbox, and we'll continue to address and discuss your concerns through that channel.

Cheers,

Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post