8 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Contributing Cover User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB payby automatically incorrectly allocated payment

Hi 

I have just come accross a payment from the Automatic MYOB payby that automatically allocated payment to wrong client. How can this happen. I have a mess to clean up. Can't unmatch payment as reconciled last year. 

4 REPLIES 4
Wendys1
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB payby automatically incorrectly allocated payment

This happens to me almost daily.

It's driving me nuts.

Trying to contact Support through MYOB is insanely difficult.

I just want to turn off the automatic allocations.

Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,502 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,502Posts

44Kudos

156Solutions

Hi @strichow and @Wendys1,

Thanks for your post. You can correct the payment allocation by going to Sales > Invoices > Invoice. At the bottom, under activity history, there should be a payment received and a code. Click on this code, and you can change the account or delete the incorrect payment.

For future transactions, it's important to note that the bank account saved should be the ledger account to be allocated against when online invoice payments are received. If you don’t need to delete it, you can just change the account here. If the payment has been reconciled, you might not be able to unmatch it directly. In such cases, you might need to reverse the reconciliation, correct the payment allocation, and then reconcile again. Please refer to the article Matching bank transactions for instructions. The article Online Payments has additional information about this service. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information. 

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

doppietta
2 Posts
User

2Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Im having the same issue which is very frustrating and makes me want to disable the feature.

In addition to this, if a payment is made using the MYOB Payby, when I go to reconcile it, payment is allocated and so I can't reconcile. Does this mean from what you're saying, I would have to delete every payment record made automatically by MYOB when someone pays with payby?

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,338 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,338Posts

114Kudos

261Solutions

Hi @doppietta,

Thank you for your post. Additionally, I suggest visiting the help page on Online invoice payments, specifically about MYOB Payby, and also how to reconcile these transactions.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!
Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post