Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Payroll entries not showing in bank transactions to match

Since the new upgrade my Payroll entries are not showing in my bank list to match the transactions.  

I can see where I have paid my staff but can  not match it

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi ecoswish 

Thanks for your post. If your employee's Payment methods are Electronic go to Banking>>Prepare electronic payments and process the electronic payments for those pay transactions. You don't need to upload the file to the bank as wages have already been paid.

In the upgraded version of Essentials electronic payments are allocated to the electronic clearing account. When you process an electronic payment the amount is transferred from the electronic clearing account to the bank account for matching in bank transactions.

If you don't want to use electronic payments in the future, change the employee's Payment method to Cash or Cheque. Then go to Accounting>>Manage linked accounts>>Payroll tab and check that the correct bank account is linked for that payment method.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

ecoswish
      User

Thank you for your response.  Unfortunately this is no help to me as I have alreday manually paid the staff!  

Why would MYOB upgrade something and provide any training or information at all!!

Do I now need to delete all these transactions and reenter?! I would love to be able to submit my BAS at some stage!!!!

How terribly frustrating!

Tracey_H wrote:

Hi ecoswish 

Thanks for your post. If your employee's Payment methods are Electronic go to Banking>>Prepare electronic payments and process the electronic payments for those pay transactions. You don't need to upload the file to the bank as wages have already been paid.

In the upgraded version of Essentials electronic payments are allocated to the electronic clearing account. When you process an electronic payment the amount is transferred from the electronic clearing account to the bank account for matching in bank transactions.

If you don't want to use electronic payments in the future, change the employee's Payment method to Cash or Cheque. Then go to Accounting>>Manage linked accounts>>Payroll tab and check that the correct bank account is linked for that payment method.

I

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi ecoswish 

As previously mentioned you do not need to upload the bank file to the bank as wages have already been paid. Downloading the bank file only saves it to your pc, you then need to upload that file to your bank for payment to be made. When you process an electronic payment the amount is transferred from the electronic clearing account to the bank account for matching in bank transactions.

You do need to process the electronic payment transaction:

1. go to Banking>>Prepare electronic payments
        2. check the correct bank account is selected in the Account field
        3. change the date to the date wages were paid
        4. select the pay transaction, if you have transferred the amounts individually you will need to record separate transactions for each payment. Selecting multiple transactions will record one bulk payment.
        5. click on Download bank file, do not upload file to your bank unless you are making the payment
        6. match the bank transactions with the electronic payment transactions in Bank transactions

These help articles have detailed information:

Check your MYOB business after upgrading

Post-upgrade payroll tasks

Why are employee pays missing in bank reconciliation

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.