Forum Discussion

11 months ago

"UPGRADE" a complete disaster!!!!! Can I transfer to Xero

With Essentials "upgarde" I can no longer get BANK transactions to reconcile!!! The customers do not appear anymore in the app - How hard is it to change to Xero as this is getting ridiculous - MYOB support non existent!!!

9 Replies

Sean_DC
    MYOB Moderator

Hi AustSlush 

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear how you feel about the upgrade. We're glad to assist you with your concerns.

If you've received an email or in-product message that MYOB Essentials will be soon upgraded, we ask for users to complete any saved bank recs in MYOB Essentials. In MYOB Essentials there's the option to select transactions for reconciliation and save those selections. If these saved recs aren't completed they won't be migrated during the upgrade, meaning that the reconciliation will need to be re-checked and transactions reselected in the upgraded software. If this wasn't completed, it would result in unreconciled transactions. In this case, you will need to reconcile again. 

I would suggest that you follow the guide on Fixing out of balance bank reconciliations.

For the customers not showing, if you're referring to the dropdown box when creating an invoice for example, depending on the number of your contacts you have when you're using MYOB Business, the dropdown box or selection list may not load the full list. There's no definite number as to how many customers will show. However, you should be able to still type in the name or the first few characters of the name for it to appear. If it's still not showing after typing in the name, you may have to check if that customer is set as inactive.

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users in finding this information.

annie458
      Experienced User

But what happens when you are not told that there is an update, why do I have to re do everything again.

This is MYOB's fault not mine.

I am so over this update 

I have now asked for someone in complaints to ring me, honestly not expecting them too.

And I do not want to speak to a virtual assistant and believe it or not I do have other work to do other than hang on for someone to chat to me.

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi ALL,

Thank you for reaching out, and I genuinely appreciate your feedback about the recent update. I'm truly sorry to hear that it hasn't met your expectations, and I understand how frustrating this can be.

Our team is dedicated to providing the best possible experience for our users, and your feedback is incredibly valuable in helping us improve. I assure you that we take your concerns seriously, and they will be shared with our development team.

In the meantime, if there are specific issues or features that are causing difficulties for you, I would love to hear more about them so that we can work towards finding a solution or addressing your concerns more effectively. Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we're committed to making things right. Thank you for your patience and for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,
        Earl

maree11
    Contributing User

I totally agree, all my records are out.  No Bank recs match now, i have paper and saved copies from before upgrade showing it all matches.

Brett43
    Experienced Cover User

Hi, is the upgrade live for essentials/ I'm still on the old version despite getting notofication it was going live

maree11
      Contributing User

if you can don't do the upgrade.

All my bank recs were completed up to date and balanced (even accountant has copies of them) then i did the upgrade now all details un rec til 2018 and myob won't help.

If you have reconciled all bank accounts, go back and save (even though when MYOB says bank rec completed, you have to click save????????????????????) Evenif it's completed and says at the top of the screen youve reconciled, it won't transfer over when upgrade done. 

You know when you have to go back and change a entry in your last bank rec, you have to select "ünreconcile the last bank rec", wouldn't you think this would mean the last bank rec was saved in the system??? No it doesn't.

Any myob won't help fix the problem and you have to explain your problem everytime someone from myob contacts you as it's a different person.

• I can not tell you how much I hate the upgrade. If MYOB wanted to hand their customer base to Xero I can't think of better way to achieve it than this disaster.

Actually shifting to Xero is pretty easy and I know some people that have already done it. I think plenty more will go as their frustration levels grow with the apathetic attitude of MYOB is actually fix any of the glaring errors.

Earl_HD
      MYOB Moderator

Hi FormulaBats,

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

Your feedback on the recent software update is appreciated, and I understand how changes can disrupt your workflow. We genuinely value your input and apologize for any inconvenience caused. If there are specific issues you're facing with the software, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to assist you and resolve any concerns you may have.

Regards,
      Earl