Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

'Get Bank Transactions' button in Bank Feeds screen

ch3
User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
User
New
New

I really think MYOB Business needs to implement the 'Get Bank Transactions' button that is available in the AccountRight desktop app.

There are frequent instances of MYOB missing transactions for several days at a time. This is easily fixed in AccountRight because you can manually request a refresh of transactions, which brings in any that were missed previously. However this function is not available in Business.

The bank feed 'missing transaction' issues occur so often nowadays that there is just no confidence that all of the transactions have been brought into the bank feeds screen. The ability to manually re-request transactions would solve this.

6 Comments
Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @ch3

Thanks for posting in the forum. 

I could understand the need to make sure that all bank feed transactions would appear in this window. In my understanding, the development team has not added the "Get bank transactions" button because the MYOB Business is a web app that automatically refreshes the bank feed transactions every time the page reloads. On the other hand, the AccountRight app needs this button because it does not automatically refresh the bank feeds more frequently than opening the bank feeds window. Regardless, I understand that a button like that could be a contingency if the bank feeds in the browser do not automatically refresh, we will raise this as a suggestion to the development team. 

In the meantime, let us know if you require any other assistance. 

Cheers,

Genreve

ch3
5 Posts
User

Thank you for the response Genreve.

However from my experience it is not correct that the web app 'automatically refreshing' transactions fixes the issue with missing transactions. If that were true, opening an AccountRight file from the web app would automatically trigger MYOB to download the missing transactions. This doesn't happen though. The only way to re-download the missing transactions is to do it via the button provided in the desktop app. 

The issue is that MYOB periodically goes through phases where it appears that transactions are not downloaded from the banks to MYOB's servers correctly. The 'Get bank transactions' button in the desktop app fixes this, because it sends a new request to download transactions.

Automatic refreshes in Business do not fix this, because it appears that the missing transactions have not been downloaded correctly to MYOB's database in the first place. There are no transactions to push to the bank feeds screen if the transactions are not in MYOB's bank end database to start with. The 'Get bank transactions' button seems to initiate a new download request from the bank, which then pushes the transactions to the MYOB file.

At the moment, the only way to bring in the missing transactions is to call MYOB support and have them manually submit a transaction download request for the specified period. Have had to do this many times. Refreshing the bank feeds screen in the web app does absolutely nothing. Very frustrating.

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @ch3

Thanks for the response. 

I agree with your point, as bank feed transactions are better if they update more frequently.  However, I am not sure if the get bank feeds button sends a request to the banking institution. Also, I am not aware of any way to send a request to the banking institution to send new transactions in. Generally, the bank feed receives data and updates the list of transactions every 5 minutes that sometimes does not automatically translate to the to the AccountRight software. 

Rest assured we could agree that this feature could be improved in multiple ways. This will be raised to our development team. 

Thanks, 

Genreve

Trevor_Harrison
Super Partner
284 Posts
Super Partner

Hi @ch3  @Genreve_S 

Could not agree more.  Thanks for the additional information.  If in fact the system is meant to get / load new feeds every time the screen loads it is not working.

I can count numerous instances of the feeds not been 'there' in Business or ARL but when the 'Get Trasancations' button is pressed in ARL new feeds appear.

MYOB need to action this as the problem has been around since Business was released.

ch3
5 Posts
User

Hi Genreve,

It's not just a matter of the transactions updating more frequently. We are not talking about waiting a few minutes for transactions to refresh. There are instances where transactions have been missing for months, and will never ever find their way into the bank feed screen without manual intervention.

If you are saying that is how the feature is supposed to work in the web app, then there is quite obviously a bug in the software.

AmandaCL
MYOB Moderator
172 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hey @ch3 and @Trevor_Harrison

Thank you both for taking the time to share your feedback and insight, we really appreciate it. We are always looking to improve the functionality available in our web browser so I'll make sure these examples are forwarded to the team so we can include them in any ongoing conversations. 

In the meantime, if either of you are still experiencing missing bank feed transactions, please send me a Private Message with the file's details and I'll make sure we get to the bottom of it for you. 

Cheers, Amanda.