Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Cards: Add email address of general correspondence (different to invoice email address)

Experienced User

27Posts

197Kudos

0Solutions

27 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand

We have a couple of customers that request we email their invoices to one email address, and general corospondence to another. Is there a possiblity to add these to a card file, instead of using the Address 1 / 2 method which does not explain what each email is a default for?

"Multiple email addresses for customers"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2014

Thank you for your suggestion. Anyone who would like to have multiple labelled email addresses saved separate to card addresses, please cast your vote here.

27 Comments
Triggs
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

The main issues I have are for example:

• Printing statements – The "to be printed list" doesn’t list the email addresses which makes it hard when you have the odd customer that needs a printed statement (I have to flick from the email statement tab then note down the ones that I need to print. If the emails were listed on the print statement tab I could tick the ones that don’t have an email then just go to the email section and deal with them because it only lists the ones with emails.
  • Instead of having Email 1, Email 2 as the email address headings, use this as the person’s job title (or at least have it editable) then it would be easier for the detection of getting information to the right person
  • The Address Locations is still a little clunky as you can’t edit the header? , but also it doesn’t come up when you go the print/email section and it only has email 1,2,3 etc so you can't identify the role of the email addresee

Email list on print statement/invoice section would be a good start I think,

Thanks for the replySmiley Happy

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Triggs

In regards to having the email address shown on the Print Statement window you might like to show your support for Statement - emailing or printing option This idea is directly aimed as separating the customers out from the printed statement ones and the email statement ones, which more suited what you are trying to achieve in the long run.

eftl
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi, 

Having had the same problem I have searched and found several users enquiring as per Triggs entry above.  In our case, I have the customer's Accounts email address set up in the Card, but what is happening more is the larger companies are insisting that Statements are sent to another email address.  

Every month I have to think about which companies require statements sent to a different email address than the one I have listed on the Card, then I have to change it, then change it back again ready for the next invoice.  It's taking us back a step when technology could be helping here.

We are talking about some of the largest companies in NZ, and being a little contractor, it is futile to think they will change their process for us!

MYOB - help us out please. Thx.

Help123
2 Posts
Cover User

Would be greatly appreciated to have multiple email address fields in card file to be able to send both invoices and statements to mulitple persons at the same firm - can't believe there is only one email address per card file/customer.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Help123

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and multiple email recipients.

AccountRight allows for multiple email addresses to be added to the card currently. To do this go to Card File>>Cards Lists>>Select the required tab>>On the left hand side of the Profile tab is the option for Location. If you drop this down you can select another Location or Address. This would allow for the entry of up to 5 email addresses per card. When you are emailing using that card select the drop down next to the email address box to select the different email address.

My understanding of this idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange is aimed at showing which contact is linked to what email address. This would allow for users to just remember the contact rather than the email of that contact or the location setting for that recipient.

eftl
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Steven

Ok, I see where you mean.  When sending an invoice next to the 'TO' box you can drop down and select an alternative address if there is one set up in the card.  Easy.  You still have to rely on memory to remember which customers require their invoices and statements sent to separate addresses, but you're right, at least you don't have to remember email addresses as well.

Thanks.

Trace

guild
6 Posts
Cover User

Many customers have different email address for invoices and staements. The difference for an email address for a statement should be automatic not a remember and choose. Printing and emailing statements should also be automatic like invoices, not a set up a work around by adding a P and E to the customers card and filtering. Many other accounting packages already do this.

Come on MYOB this is pretty basic business practice. Also this issue would I am sure have more votes if it was easier to find previous posts. In fact when I rang MYOB support last Tuesday the helpful person was suprised that it wasn't there.

The search feature really only seems to work well if you use the same wording as previous posters or previous posts are really recent. If you read these at all can I suggest better explanation of how to find information or better grouping in search.

guild
6 Posts
Cover User

Should probably clarify the MYOB phone support person already thought that statements were seperated like emails to print or email not both by the tick on the card file. Had trouble understanding that customers would have a different email address for statement and invoices.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @guild

Thank you for sharing your feedback in regards to this idea. Along with commenting for an idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange you can show your support by voting. To vote for an idea select the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name.

Also thank you for your feedback in regards to searching for ideas on the AccountRight Idea Exchange. I have shared your feedback with the Community Manager - @Suja_P

guild
6 Posts
Cover User

Could MYOB Please see all the similar consideration notes and combine them there are lots with slightly different wording re email choices. Add the spilt votes together and do something about it please.

The same probably applies to other ideas.