Forum Discussion

DanaeB
Contributing Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Bank feed transactions not linking to payroll items

Hi there, 

I'm needing help. My wage payments in my payslips aren't matching the payments in the past payruns reports and therefore aren't showing up with possible matches in my bank feed. Also, some are being automatically linked to transactions for other staff members with the same net payment. Please help asap so I can lodge BAS asap. I have screenshots ready to send through. 

Thanks, 

D

• Hi DanaeB 

When you record an electronic payment transaction all transactions selected in that window are included in one lump sum EP transaction. As the bank feed transactions are for individual transfers you can't match them to one bulk EP transaction.

You will need to delete the electronic payment transactions and reprocess them separately by selecting one pay transaction then clicking on Download bank file. The Total payment amount needs to be the same as the bank feed transaction amount:

You can then match each individual electronic payment transaction to the individual bank feed transactions.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi DanaeB 

If your employee's Payment method was Electronic in the original MYOB Essentials platform, pay transactions in the newer platform are posted to the electronic clearing account. This is because we've added the ability to pay suppliers electronically so the process for electronic payments has changed.

If pay transactions aren't appearing to be matched in Bank transactions the first thing to check is the Account selected in the Bank account field. To check that account go to Banking>>Find transactions>>locate a pay transaction and click on the reference no to open. 

If the account is the electronic clearing account you will need to set up and process the electronic payment. This will record an electronic payment transaction which moves the amount from the electronic clearing account to the bank account. You can then match the electronic payment transaction to the bank feed transaction. You do not need to upload the bank file to your bank if wages have already been paid.

Setting up electronic payments

Making electronic payments

Why are employee pays missing in bank reconciliation

If the account is a different account or the bank account please send me screenshots so that I can assist further. Make sure sensitive information is removed from screenshots prior to posting on the Forum.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

DanaeB
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Tracey, 

Thank you for your reply. 

I have set everything up as you directed. 

The electronic payments are now not linking to the payroll payments. Please see attached photos. 

When I try to match the wage payment in the transaction feed to the electronic payment, it won't allocate it as it is an unbalanced transaction. Is there a way to match all the wage payments from that date to the electronic payment?

Please help. 

Thanks, 

Danae

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi DanaeB 

When you record an electronic payment transaction all transactions selected in that window are included in one lump sum EP transaction. As the bank feed transactions are for individual transfers you can't match them to one bulk EP transaction.

You will need to delete the electronic payment transactions and reprocess them separately by selecting one pay transaction then clicking on Download bank file. The Total payment amount needs to be the same as the bank feed transaction amount:

You can then match each individual electronic payment transaction to the individual bank feed transactions.

Please let me know if you need further help.