Forum Discussion

Jeano
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

Previously reconciled tansactions reappearing as unreconciled

I reconcile the bank account every month. When I went to reconcile October, 2 transactions from September and one from March have reappeared as unreconciled, and the expected bank balance is out by the total of these transactions. I have had this issue before, and undid the reconciliations back to the offending tranasactions, then re-reconciled. However, I would rather not have to do this, especially for 7 months of reconciliations. Also, it shouldn't be happening. These transactions were reconciled and have somehow become un-reconciled. Is there another way to fix this?

• Hi Jeano 

Thanks for your post. Editing reconciled transactions will cause them to become unreconciled. As bank reconciliations follow on from the previous one, ie Calculated closing balance is last reconciled balance plus ticked transactions, the only way to fix this is to undo and re-do the affected reconciliations.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Jeano 

Thanks for your post. Editing reconciled transactions will cause them to become unreconciled. As bank reconciliations follow on from the previous one, ie Calculated closing balance is last reconciled balance plus ticked transactions, the only way to fix this is to undo and re-do the affected reconciliations.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Jeano
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you for your response. So I understand that even if I just upload a further document, such as a receipt, it unreconciles? This is crazy! We are trying to go paperless, but if I can't add documentation at a later date, I will continue to need a paper file.

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi Jeano 

Changes that require you to click Save/Record will unreconcile the transaction as it is changing the originally recorded transaction.