Processing Returned Super

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Jennielee
Experienced Cover User
52 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

52Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Processing Returned Super

We have had Super returned from a Super Fund for an employee.

After processing a Receive Money, I followed the notes to reverse and repay the Super. However, the new Super Fund was already added in for the employee, so now the Super payment looks like this, see below. 

I think the negative Super should be against the old Super Fund, caled Clearview.

6 REPLIES 6
Jennielee
Experienced Cover User
52 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

52Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Processing Returned Super

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the reply. The issue was that I already changed the Super Fund to the new Fund. So should I change it back to the old Fund to do the reversal, then change it to the new Fund to do the correct super payment? 
in my example screen shot, the reversal and new payment is to the new Super fund.
thanks ! 

Sean_DC
MYOB Moderator
702 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

702Posts

44Kudos

48Solutions

Hi @Jennielee 

Thanks for posting. I'm glad to assist you with this.

In this case, the reversal should be processed against the old fund. You will need to reverse again the super that was processed under the new super fund. Change the details back to the old super fund and process the reversal related to that. After processing the reversal for the old super fund, that is the time you can change the super fund details of your employee and then reprocess the super payment for the new super fund. 

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

Cheers,
Sean
Also known @Sean_DC

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Jennielee
Experienced Cover User
52 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

52Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Sean,

I changed the Super fund to the old Super fund, processed the reversal, then changed to the new Super fund and processed the new super payment, so I think that is all ok.

But, I also reversed the Super payments that I tried to fix the first time, that was incorrectly done against the new Super Fund instead of the old Super Fund. I'm not sure if I reversed the super transactions correctly. Is there any way to check ?

Thanks

Sean_DC
MYOB Moderator
702 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

702Posts

44Kudos

48Solutions

Hi @Jennielee 

If you're using Pay Super, you can check if you have processed their super under the correct fund. In there you can see the status of your super. This Help Article, Make superannuation payments, can be used as a helpful guide. 

Please feel free to post again. I'm happy to assist further.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users to find this information.

Cheers,
Sean
Also known @Sean_DC

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Jennielee
Experienced Cover User
52 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

52Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Sean,

I haven't processed the Super yet for the month that was wrong. But when I try to process the super, I can see all the incorrect transactions, should I just not select those incorrect transactions ? All the super transactions are against the new Super fund, I can't see the Super transactions that should be taken off the old fund.

Sean_DC
MYOB Moderator
702 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

702Posts

44Kudos

48Solutions

Hi @Jennielee 

If the transactions showing are the ones you recorded when you made a pay run before you can process those. Just make sure that you've already updated your employees' superfund details already. Let me know how it goes. 

Cheers,
Sean
Also known @Sean_DC

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post